“Country getaway”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lenwade
south woodham ferrers UK
“Country getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for two nights on a Groupon.
I must say we did have a great relaxing break.
Ideally situated for exploring the wider area.
We dined in the restaurant on our first evening.
We had most enjoyable meal.
The breakfast was also cooked to perfection.
The dining room & bar areas are decorated to a high standard.
All of the staff, from the warm welcome,the waiting staff,cleaners and our goodbye reception were very polite & professional.
Many thanks for a lovely stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I would HIGHLY recommend this venue for a wedding or an evening meal. We knew as a couple straight away that we wanted to have our wedding here, the grounds and hotel are simply beautiful and we felt breathtaking. Its located at a the end of a beautifully framed driveway which is lit up in the evenings and a mere stones throw from the river which is framed by a large weeping willow. I liaised with the staff for over a year and they were always quick and happy to help with my dream wedding giving me advise, ideas and helping me to plan timings with the photographer, evening guests etc. The staff are amazing, its so lovely being a family run business and on my big day I felt well taken care of with Nicky in the bar fussing over me the night before and during the day, she kept coming to check I was ok as my nerves where a little tense. Then just before my walk in as we had the ceremony there too I had the whole family, Jane, Amie and Nick all fussing over me calming me down and reassuring me. They had set both the ceremony room up and marquee beautifully, it was like a dream come true. The chef was lovely and kept checking on us also being very friendly and we are planning to go back for a meal very soon and he is going to cook us Lobster even though its not on the menu. The food was amazing and out of this world, so much and delicious everyone commented on it. We had a Hog roast later which again there was plenty of and delicious. I stayed over the night before with my bridesmaids and mum and again Nicky was amazing and so friendly making the whole experience all the better. I felt so looked after they couldn't of done more for me, so much so I was crying the next day thanks to their support and care. Carl the manager was excellent and made it all run like clockwork, even jumping in when my lovely husband fluffed up his speech and presented our parents with their gifts. A lot of guests stayed over that evening and we had a "wedding breakfast" in the marque which made it even nicer, we weren't rushed out of our room which was simply exquisite and encouraged to take our time and check out when we wanted too.

Both me and my husband couldn't of asked for any more, the venue, staff and food was amazing I am so happy I had my wedding there and will be visiting regularly as they made me feel so welcome and at home. A MASSIVE thank-you to everyone who helped on the day I couldn't mention you all, it really was fantastic.

Ian & Jenny Flatters.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bridal suite and I would recommend any couple to spend a little extra and to stay f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had our wedding there in May 2013,& what a fantastic time we had. The staff were extremely helpful to the entire wedding party & nothing was too much trouble for them. Jane,(the owner) was great help over the year running up to the wedding,as she helped to co-ordinate the whole event. Ady,(one of the duty managers at the time) was a great asset to us on the build up to the big day & at the actual event. Henry,(the chef),prepared a fantastic wedding breakfast,which went down a storm with all the guests. We had been to eat there several times before & had always been blown away with the food. We had the pleasure of meeting Henry a few times when we dined there,as he always came out to see if all was well.The honeymoon suite was decorated out to a great standard & was very in-keeping with the age of the hotel.The hotel is stood in lovely surroundings,which we have enjoyed many times whilst visiting & eating there.We were expecting to get loads of lovely wedding pics by the river & in the grounds,but the good ole British weather did its' thing,so we adapted,& got loads of pics inside the lovely old building & between showers,on the terrace.The facilities were of a high standard,the resident DJ was great & the booze flowed !!!Even the fireworks went,with a terrific bang!!Over all...............we had a great day & a great stay,with hundreds of pics to remember it by. WELL DONE JANE,NICK & ALL THE STAFF CONCERNED !!

Room Tip: pick the honeymoon suite
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Upon arrival, it took us over 20 minutes to check-in with no acknowledgement from the receptionist to tell us we would be served as soon as possible. When it came to checking out the following morning, there was no-one at reception and we had to hunt someone down for us to check out.

Room:
When we entered the room it smelt very damp. We were promised a member of housekeeping would come and investigate but no-one ever did. Despite this, the room was clean and tidy with adequate tea/coffee making facilities. The wardrobe handle was broken. The bathroom was a good size but steamed up a lot! The surroundings were quiet and the view nice however, noise from other rooms did disturb us.

Room Service/Food:
The food we ordered was very nice and fairly priced for the portion size. However, we did order a beer with lemonade top and were charged for both the beer and lemonade. This was removed from our bill when we checked out.

Overall, the hotel is in beautiful surroundings, the food tasty and the rooms nicely decorated. It wasn't by any means an unpleasant stay but is definitely not worth the £100.00 per night price tag.

3 Thank Kim B
Market Warsop, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Absolutely amazing day helped by so many wonderful staff who were so friendly and did everything we asked. Food was first rate, plenty and very tasteful, rooms very clean and lovely grounds amazing They organised my daughters wedding and we had no hassles, ran so smoothly. Certainly highly recommend to al.l

Room Tip: some rooms have less light enquire when booking for well light rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Saw a Groupon offer so my husband and I took advantage of a one night mid week stay. After our visit we would have been more than happy to pay full price and will be coming back. Really lovely hotel in beautiful surroundings. The staff were attentive, friendly and welcoming. Had a delicious meal in the restaurant and given a further offer of a free bottle of wine with a 3 course meal. You could also mix and match the bar menu with the restaurant menu. Our room was lovely and really comfortable bed. The breakfast didn't disappoint and a nice touch you could just order what you wanted rather than choose from a menu. I would certainly recommend.

1 Thank Mandy R
Devon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Paid £100 for a completely dated, cold, dark, extremely average room. Ate in the bar on the Saturday evening, again just very basic, average. As leaving read in the guest review book 'beautiful hotel' I must have stayed somewhere else.

5 Thank DevonCarly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenwade
Wensum Valley Hotel Golf and Country Club
BEST WESTERN Brook Hotel Norwich
Stower Grange
Stower Grange
#1 of 1 in Drayton

Been to Lenwade Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!