“Works Christmas Party”

Lenwade Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lenwade
Reviewed 15 December 2013

What another lovely night last year my Daugther had her wedding at Lenwade we had such a lovely time. She decided this year she would take her work force to Lenwade for their christmas meal. From the moment we got there we were treat great, the food was top and we danced all night. As we walk out we all said we would love to come back next year. Well Done Lenwade

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra123130
There are newer reviews for Lenwade Country House Hotel

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Having booked to see the Christmas Spectacular Show at Thursford, my wife and I decided it would be nice to stay over somewhere near by and this hotel suited our purpose. The long driveway up to the hotel does make you wonder where you are going to end up but for us it held a nice surprise. The hotel looks amazing from the outside and the character of the building continues on inside. We were greeted by Carl on reception and made to feel welcom straight away. We were shown to our room, although cold until the heating caught up having been switched on as we entered. The room was of a great size with en-suite and all the usual amenities. When we arrived back after the show Carl was still on duty and served us in the bar with a drink or two and informed us of different places to visit in and around Norwich. The bar/lounge area was a very comfy and cosy area full of large sofas and chairs all in keeping with the general character of the place.
With breakfast included we looked forward to it when arose in the morning, after a good nights sleep, and we weren't disappointed. Great selection of cereals, juices etc. and in my case followed by a full English with toast and as much tea as you could drink. We were looked after by Alicia (hope I've spelt her name right) who was very bright and cheery and could not do enough for us. Thanks to everyone for looking after us and making us feel so welcome, we would like to return in the summer to see the area at a different time of year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed for the weekend to attend a friends wedding. The service was excellent from the start, with the staff being attentive and helpful. They made sure everything was perfect and were very friendly. The wedding was excellent and run like clockwork. Excellent venue and service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Looks great from the outside, however on entering our room it was cold, shabby, dirty, black fungus growing on the window frames, dirty bathroom, carpet very dirty and soiled, power going on and off. The room would have benefited from a complete overhaul.
Bed was very uncomfortable. We obviously got the worst room in the Hotel.
I could go on and on about the lack of service and the "don't care attitude" but quite frankly it wears me out.
Very very disappointed to say the least especially after reading such good reviews. It beggars belief !

Room Tip: Try another Hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank neveronasunday
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for two nights on a Groupon.
I must say we did have a great relaxing break.
Ideally situated for exploring the wider area.
We dined in the restaurant on our first evening.
We had most enjoyable meal.
The breakfast was also cooked to perfection.
The dining room & bar areas are decorated to a high standard.
All of the staff, from the warm welcome,the waiting staff,cleaners and our goodbye reception were very polite & professional.
Many thanks for a lovely stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I would HIGHLY recommend this venue for a wedding or an evening meal. We knew as a couple straight away that we wanted to have our wedding here, the grounds and hotel are simply beautiful and we felt breathtaking. Its located at a the end of a beautifully framed driveway which is lit up in the evenings and a mere stones throw from the river which is framed by a large weeping willow. I liaised with the staff for over a year and they were always quick and happy to help with my dream wedding giving me advise, ideas and helping me to plan timings with the photographer, evening guests etc. The staff are amazing, its so lovely being a family run business and on my big day I felt well taken care of with Nicky in the bar fussing over me the night before and during the day, she kept coming to check I was ok as my nerves where a little tense. Then just before my walk in as we had the ceremony there too I had the whole family, Jane, Amie and Nick all fussing over me calming me down and reassuring me. They had set both the ceremony room up and marquee beautifully, it was like a dream come true. The chef was lovely and kept checking on us also being very friendly and we are planning to go back for a meal very soon and he is going to cook us Lobster even though its not on the menu. The food was amazing and out of this world, so much and delicious everyone commented on it. We had a Hog roast later which again there was plenty of and delicious. I stayed over the night before with my bridesmaids and mum and again Nicky was amazing and so friendly making the whole experience all the better. I felt so looked after they couldn't of done more for me, so much so I was crying the next day thanks to their support and care. Carl the manager was excellent and made it all run like clockwork, even jumping in when my lovely husband fluffed up his speech and presented our parents with their gifts. A lot of guests stayed over that evening and we had a "wedding breakfast" in the marque which made it even nicer, we weren't rushed out of our room which was simply exquisite and encouraged to take our time and check out when we wanted too.

Both me and my husband couldn't of asked for any more, the venue, staff and food was amazing I am so happy I had my wedding there and will be visiting regularly as they made me feel so welcome and at home. A MASSIVE thank-you to everyone who helped on the day I couldn't mention you all, it really was fantastic.

Ian & Jenny Flatters.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bridal suite and I would recommend any couple to spend a little extra and to stay f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had our wedding there in May 2013,& what a fantastic time we had. The staff were extremely helpful to the entire wedding party & nothing was too much trouble for them. Jane,(the owner) was great help over the year running up to the wedding,as she helped to co-ordinate the whole event. Ady,(one of the duty managers at the time) was a great asset to us on the build up to the big day & at the actual event. Henry,(the chef),prepared a fantastic wedding breakfast,which went down a storm with all the guests. We had been to eat there several times before & had always been blown away with the food. We had the pleasure of meeting Henry a few times when we dined there,as he always came out to see if all was well.The honeymoon suite was decorated out to a great standard & was very in-keeping with the age of the hotel.The hotel is stood in lovely surroundings,which we have enjoyed many times whilst visiting & eating there.We were expecting to get loads of lovely wedding pics by the river & in the grounds,but the good ole British weather did its' thing,so we adapted,& got loads of pics inside the lovely old building & between showers,on the terrace.The facilities were of a high standard,the resident DJ was great & the booze flowed !!!Even the fireworks went,with a terrific bang!!Over all...............we had a great day & a great stay,with hundreds of pics to remember it by. WELL DONE JANE,NICK & ALL THE STAFF CONCERNED !!

Room Tip: pick the honeymoon suite
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenwade
Beechwood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barnham Broom
Cromer Country Club
Cromer Country Club
#2 of 7 in Cromer

Been to Lenwade Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!