“Beautiful location”

Lenwade Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lenwade
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We didn't choose this hotel as we were part of a group booking but we would happily stay here again. We did read some of the reviews prior to our visit and all I can say is that if you want 5 star standards then pay 5 star prices!
Yes, there were some aspects that could be improved but overall there is nothing really wrong about this hotel which is located in a beautiful area. I guess at some stage in the near future, some improvements will be required to maintain standards ( eg replacing some of the windows and possibly double glazing) but there are many positives:
The housekeeping was good...our room was clean, good supply of tea/coffee etc, free wifi and most important of all, the room had a comfortable bed!
All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Breakfasts were more than adequate with a variety of cooked items( thankfully no kippers!)
There is a good , well stocked bar and very comfortable lounge.
Dinner was plentiful, with good service and good food in a pleasant dining room.
The grounds of the hotel are well maintained and good to stroll around.
Plenty of car parking immediately in front of the hotel.
As mentioned earlier, we were part of a group booking but how this hotel managed to provide all of the above for the price we paid was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had my wedding at Lenwade in March. I have to say that the young staff were extremely kind and polite and offered excellent service. One of which had only just started working there and he made the night before my wedding so entertaining for all of my guests during our meal! He even helped me with my wedding table decorations! Overall i had a wonderful wedding reception. However many of my family had terrible rooms with no heating even after we requested it was on. I had to ask for the heating to be switched on the morning of my wedding, i was frozen! I found the management to be very informal during the lead up to the wedding and on the day. I did feel that when they knew that my booking was secure that was mostly what they were interested in. When I took my very expensive wedding dress there the night before the wedding i was told to lay it across a chair in the lounge where there were members of the public and someone would hang it up. I had to remind them three times before anyone did! The food on my wedding day was amazing and their flexibility with allowing me to set up my own wedding decorations on the tables and candy buffet the day before the wedding was brilliant . So all round quite mixed feelings about this place .

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Justyne B
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for the first time as we wanted a weekend in Norfolk. We saw that the hotel had decent Trip Advisor reviews. We stayed only the one night. Check-in was from 2pm and we arrived there at about 2.15pm. We checked in and were taken to our room but the room had not been cleaned or made up .Not a great start to our stay. The receptionist apologised and said the room will be serviced straight away which it was. We asked for a complimentary drink from the bar while we waited which was accepted. The bedroom was a decent size and overlooked the front of the hotel. As it was a hot day the room was cool inside. The bathroom was large with a corner walk-in shower. The bedroom was nicely furnished . The hotel is set in large rural grounds by a river. The hotel has a wedding taking place as it is a popular wedding venue but this did not affect us at all. There are spacious lounge areas in the hotel where you can have a drink and relax. There is also a terrace area outside. The breakfast was good quality comprising an English or small Continental style .Overall we could recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carlalexander
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our son had his wedding last weekend at Lenwade and the whole event was superb. From the planning to the following morning breakfast we could not fault anything. The staff were exceptional and and the food sublime. Nothing was too much trouble for the team. Special mention to Jane (wedding co-ordinator) and Amy(duty manager) and of course the catering team. Nothing was rushed, It was lovely to have time between courses to chat to people especially as it was so hot. The night before the wedding they held the medical function and the hotel was booked out so hats off to them for turning the hotel around for the wedding so quickly. The marquee was beautiful and fireworks were fabulous. If you are thinking of having a wedding I would highly recommend it. Please contact me if you have any questions.
5 stars all the way.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
lenwadehouse, General Manager at Lenwade Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello, Thank you for your lovely review for your sons wedding which was held at Lenwade House Hotel. We do pride ourselves on giving a personal service and aim to exceed expectations.
I will pass on your comments and thanks to all staff concerned. I do hope that you will come and see us again at one of our functions held at Lenwade House

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Arrived for a wedding at 11:40am, the receptionist told us that the room was not ready, I said that I booked it online and put the check in as 11am, she told me I was wrong as they didn't do book in till 2pm unless requested, she then complained that no one for the wedding had booked in early, well clearly if you have a wedding at 1pm people will start turning up before 2pm to get into their rooms so maybe they should of used some common sense and started getting the rooms ready early. Also I have checked the website since coming home and you can pick your arrival time which I did, I put 11am clearly this means nothing! To be fair they did start getting the rooms ready but there were lots of guests waiting, it was 20 minutes before the wedding when our room was ready, I ended up getting changed in the toilet or I would of missed it!

The food was terrible and I have never had to wait an hour between each course and then you get woken up by peacocks at 5am.

Such a shame as the hotel itself was lovely as where the surroundings, also be aware that they take all your card details on line and it seems as if you have paid but you have not, nearly left without paying!

Would not return!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Laura W

Hello Laura, Thank you for your review and was quite concerned at the remarks you have left. I have looked into the full details of the day when you arrived. As you were aware we had hosted a wedding the day before and the hotel was full with guests for the following evening. The next morning Housekeeping had to do a very quick turn round to gt the rooms ready for you and other guests arriving. The checkout time for guests was not until 10.30/11am so no rooms would be available for 11am unless the guests checked out early.
I have spoken to the Receptionist and infact only a couple of the main wedding party had booked early check ins for that morning but so many other guests like yourself turned up and was expecting the rooms to be ready. I think this is way the problem was at the reception.
As for you getting ready in the toliet I am sure if you had asked reception we could have found you a room to get changed.
I am somewhat surprised at you saying the food was terrible at the wedding breakfast as we have a review from the Brides Family and reviews in our guest book how lovely the food was for the wedding. If you had complained to the Duty Manager who was in the marquee at the time of the wedding brekafast I am sure he would have supplied you with something to your liking. The Wedding Breakfast and speeches takes normally 2 and half hours, as you are aware there was also alot of guests at this wedding to be served. We can only serve th next course when all the guests have finished the first.
Please accept my apoligies for our peacocks waking you up at 5am.
Booking.com does take all card details for there reference but does not take payment this is there policy and not ours.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a very nice 2 days here. If you decide to visit, be sure to ask for one of the refurbished rooms, you will not be disappointed, they are finished to a very good, modern design. The breakfast was very good and all 4 of us were left full, and very satisfied. The staff were excellent, and nothing was to much trouble for anything that we asked for. Drinks on the terrace before and after dinner is very relaxing. The view of the river is beautiful, and while there, why not have a walk round the lake, where you will see lots of rabbits darting from the undergrowth. If you are lucky you may see one of the moles, that seem at home by the river. They also have a resident peacock, that you are almost certain to at sometime during your stay.
I will soon return to the Lenwade House Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My partner and I recently spent our anniversary at this hotel. We had a fabulous time from start to finish. The fantastic customer service started from when I booked. When I first booked I emailed the hotel to inform them it was our anniversary. They not gave us a very nice room but also had the house keeping set up our room with the towels set as swans with rose petals. (Plastic but that's understandable as sheets would otherwise be ruined). I also booked a table at the restaurant and they informed us we would have a lovely window table which we did. Also in the emails they informed us there was a wedding going on so we where fully prepared for that. When we arrived everyone at the hotel was very friendly and welcoming. Our room (room 2) was lovely and well made up. The food was AMAZING and even though they had a wedding going on the chef as did the rest of the staff pulled out all the stops to make our night special. I always read the reviews on trip advisor and one had stuck in my head about this hotel saying it was "dated" I would simply answer that with it's an old style hotel and to be honest that's it's charm. It's not dated its a country hotel and a very nice one to. Would highly recommend and what we seen in regards to the wedding is it looked amazing and I would certainly consider for a wedding venue.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kerrie1983
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenwade
Maids Head Hotel
Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich
Broom Hall Country Hotel
Broom Hall Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Saham Toney

Been to Lenwade Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!