“We'll be back. Brilliant.”

Lenwade Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lenwade
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for wedding anniversary. After reading some reviews we were a bit dubious. Would have to say that the reviews that don't rate this hotel highey are so far from the truth it's unbelievable. Ok it's an old hotel but what do you expect when you book? It's gorgeous and the room we had was clean,tidy and more than adequate. Loved the towel swans and petals on the bed when we arrived. The staff were always polite and helpful irrespective of age. The food was excellent with huge portions, I had to downsize breakfast on the second day as you could have fed a small army with one full English. Have no complaints at all, can't see why this isn't rated four stars, they certainly deserve it.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wow
Me and my Husband had our wedding here in June.
Our wedding day was amazing, our food was cooked to total perfection. All the staff were extremely helpful and very well mannered.

Our only negative, was that we were asked prior to our wedding if we wanted to get married by the river (weather depending) the weather for our Wedding Day was perfect, so I was extremely excited!!
When I arrived our wedding planner was waiting outside the entrance to the indoor ceremony room, I was devastated, when I asked why we weren't getting married outside, I was informed that he wasn't made aware of our plans.

I would've given 5 stars if our original plans had been adhered to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
lenwadehouse, General Manager at Lenwade Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello Kerry,
Thank you for lovely review on your wedding day, I am so pleased you had a wonderful time, it was a pleasure to host your wedidng day for you both.
I was somewhat concerned at your disappointment on you not having your duo cermony service outside. I have looked into this with more detail for you, Jane was told by the Registars that Lenwade House could have a Duo Wedding Ceremony outside but what she was not told that the prospective wedding couple had to contact the Registar Office themselves before the wedding to sign a declaration form from them. On your wedding notes for the day, Amie and the Duty Managers was aware that you wanted your wedding outside but when the Registar arrived an hour before they told Amie this was not possible as they were not aware of the situation andforms had not been signed. Jane your wedding planner is very careful in giving the full details of every aspect from the food to the setting up of your wedding day so everything went accordingly to plan from start to finish
Since then we have had the correct information given to us for outside duo wedding ceremonies, so our prospective couples actually inform the registars themselves regarding this aswell as us.
Please accept my apoligises for this misunderstanding and I do hope that you will come and see us again perhaps for Dinner or Lunch and I will personally make sure a bottle of wine is given to you both.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

First impressions of this hotel were good, it is set in amazing countryside grounds right next to the river wensum, the hotel itself is very pretty. This is where the good points end, i was here to stay for 1 night with my girlfriend, the room was very average and the bathroom looked tired, we had a very restless night, I've never stayed in a more noisy hotel than this, even in the centre of london! Doors continually slamming, what seemed like elephants walking up and down the corridor and in the morning i think i could here every tap/shower in the building running!
The resturant menu was quite uninspiring and quite pricey, and so we decided to go to a pub down the road to eat which was an excellent find!
Such a shame as this hotel is set in beautiful grounds, shame about the little things which are missed. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank matakky
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights in a standard double room on the ground floor, room ok but carpet did not look very clean, duvet cover had a couple of holes in it, bathroom tiles had some mould on them, so far from perfect. When we arrived the reception guy asked if we would like to book a table for that evening as they were nearly full, which was in fact a lie as that evening we were the only people in the quiet dining room, no music, no atmosphere, dreadful. My husband asked for a steak medium rare and commented it was the worst steak he had ever been served and the price they charged, it was so not worth the money, so the following evening we had a meal at the pub 'The Bridge' just up the road which was 100 times better and tastier and the service was excellent. As we only stayed a couple of nights, we were not bothered so much but if we had stayed longer i would have complained, just seems a bit rundown in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Caren1000
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We didn't choose this hotel as we were part of a group booking but we would happily stay here again. We did read some of the reviews prior to our visit and all I can say is that if you want 5 star standards then pay 5 star prices!
Yes, there were some aspects that could be improved but overall there is nothing really wrong about this hotel which is located in a beautiful area. I guess at some stage in the near future, some improvements will be required to maintain standards ( eg replacing some of the windows and possibly double glazing) but there are many positives:
The housekeeping was good...our room was clean, good supply of tea/coffee etc, free wifi and most important of all, the room had a comfortable bed!
All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Breakfasts were more than adequate with a variety of cooked items( thankfully no kippers!)
There is a good , well stocked bar and very comfortable lounge.
Dinner was plentiful, with good service and good food in a pleasant dining room.
The grounds of the hotel are well maintained and good to stroll around.
Plenty of car parking immediately in front of the hotel.
As mentioned earlier, we were part of a group booking but how this hotel managed to provide all of the above for the price we paid was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had my wedding at Lenwade in March. I have to say that the young staff were extremely kind and polite and offered excellent service. One of which had only just started working there and he made the night before my wedding so entertaining for all of my guests during our meal! He even helped me with my wedding table decorations! Overall i had a wonderful wedding reception. However many of my family had terrible rooms with no heating even after we requested it was on. I had to ask for the heating to be switched on the morning of my wedding, i was frozen! I found the management to be very informal during the lead up to the wedding and on the day. I did feel that when they knew that my booking was secure that was mostly what they were interested in. When I took my very expensive wedding dress there the night before the wedding i was told to lay it across a chair in the lounge where there were members of the public and someone would hang it up. I had to remind them three times before anyone did! The food on my wedding day was amazing and their flexibility with allowing me to set up my own wedding decorations on the tables and candy buffet the day before the wedding was brilliant . So all round quite mixed feelings about this place .

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Justyne B
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for the first time as we wanted a weekend in Norfolk. We saw that the hotel had decent Trip Advisor reviews. We stayed only the one night. Check-in was from 2pm and we arrived there at about 2.15pm. We checked in and were taken to our room but the room had not been cleaned or made up .Not a great start to our stay. The receptionist apologised and said the room will be serviced straight away which it was. We asked for a complimentary drink from the bar while we waited which was accepted. The bedroom was a decent size and overlooked the front of the hotel. As it was a hot day the room was cool inside. The bathroom was large with a corner walk-in shower. The bedroom was nicely furnished . The hotel is set in large rural grounds by a river. The hotel has a wedding taking place as it is a popular wedding venue but this did not affect us at all. There are spacious lounge areas in the hotel where you can have a drink and relax. There is also a terrace area outside. The breakfast was good quality comprising an English or small Continental style .Overall we could recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carlalexander
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenwade
Barnham Broom
Maids Head Hotel
Maids Head Hotel
#2 of 50 in Norwich
Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich

Been to Lenwade Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!