“Great Hospitality!”
Review of Hillcrest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangor Erris
Hillcrest House
Ranked #1 of 2 Bangor Erris B&B and Inns
Belton, Texas
“Great Hospitality!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

While visiting Co. Mayo doing some genealogy research we stopped in without reservations and found Evelyn and Richard to be most gracious and hospital. Evelyn loaned us a book on local history and even offered to let us take it home and mail it back later. Accommodations were perfect for the wife and I and the breakfast was the best we've had in a long time. Would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting the area. Hope to visit again someday.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at the Hillcrest House for two nights in October, 2013 while I was golfing at Carne. Evelyn was gracious and friendly from the moment I arrived. Her son is a golf pro, so she was very helpful in directing me to Carne and could answer all my golf questions. She gave me great recommendations for restaurants and I appreciated the off street parking in the back of her place.
After golf, I enjoyed a relaxing afternoon reading in her living room and having tea and cookies. The breakfasts were outstanding, I highly recommend the French toast. Evelyn told me of the scenic route to my next destination and it was a lovely drive. If you are in the area, stay at the Hillcrest House.

Bruce M.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dagenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

A truly great B & B, in laid-back and easy-going surroundings which provide an excellent base for exploring the wider area or engaging in the various activities available. Evelyn is a prime example of how easy it is to make friends here - you very quickly feel as if you have known her all your life. We had no prior knowledge of this area other than what we had looked up on the web, but our visit reinforced our impression that Bangor Erris would be a good place to move to. We can't wait!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

A warm welcome every day when I was coming back from a long day of work made me feel at home; and resting in my nice, clean and fully equipped room made the tiredness of the long days away. I was treated like a family member and looked after well by an extremely kind couple

The beautiful building of Hillcrest House with it's tastefully done garden looked like an expensive gem on the astonishing necklace of Bangor Erris hills and river.

I enjoyed staying in Hillcrest House and I am sure you would too.

Medi

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mehrdad R
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We found easy access to Hillcrest House with off-road parking, in the heart of Bangor Erris. Pleasant and very comfortable rooms with en-suite facilities which are spotless, with fresh towels every day. Personal service by Evelyn is second to none . Evelyn is always keen to ensure her guests have an enjoyable stay and can make suggestions of places to go and visit if you are unsure of what to do for a day out. Whether it be walking, fishing or general sight seeing Evelyn will be able to help if you are new to the area, and will help with arrangements where possible. You will enjoy the full Irish breakfast to set you up for the day, made with all locally sourced ingredients some of which are award winning. Our dietary needs were also catered for. The atmosphere at Hillcrest is relaxed and friendly with many guest being regular visitors. Anglers are most welcome as are walkers. Hillcrest has a drying room to help with getting clothing dry for the following day's activities. We would not consider staying anywhere else when in Mayo. We just love it !!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barb and Fil H
Bridgetown, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2013

After travelling from Australia then up the west coast of Ireland we just knocked on the door and asked for a room for the night. Evelyn invited us in and showed us to a great room with ensuite, top knotch 5 star. Evelyn then offered us a cuppa and a chat before we headed off for a walk around Bangor. A good nights sleep was followed by a fantastic full Irish brekfast before we headed off across the midlands and across to Scotland.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg n Jude M
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Booked the accomodation from the Bangor Erris web site and arranged everything with Evelyn direct. Evelyn could not do enough for us. Soup and sandwiches when we arrived (late), lovely accomodation, spacious, well decorated and comfortable beds.
We booked for B & B but home made packed lunches and evening meals were provided if requested. All the meals were excellent and reasonably priced.
The accomodation is convenient and central for the area and next to the village centre where there are shops and character pubs.
We will certainly return on our next visit to the area. Our thanks to Evelyn for making our trip the more enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank damenblast

Been to Hillcrest House? Share your experiences!