Mountains To Prairies Bed and Breakfast
Quality Inn(Hill City)
Very Good 4/5
  • Free Internet
Very Good 4/5
Pine Rest Cabins(Hill City)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsb bseparate entrancefitted sheetearly departureblack hillssmall fridge and microwaveteenage daughtergreat roomgreat memoriescoffee shopthe main draghot breakfastcuster state parkmount rushmorecrazy horsearea attractionsrapid city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We stayed two nights, and were totally satisfied. It is an inviting and interesting inn, with capable and very friendly inn keepers. Quiet and clean.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Sam and Linda offer a top-notch product with top-notch hospitality. I guess my business background shows in referring to Mountains to Prairies as a product. A friend and I stayed in the Blum Ladle(that's off the top of my head) room which is the upper level of the house. Extremely clean. The room had a modern, somewhat luxurious western motiff. We stayed in September 2011. In the Black Hills, you drive by expensive vacation homes. The Blum Ladle is what I expect the bedrooms of the expensive vacation homes looks like. The main drag is adjacent to the B & B but posed no noise issues during our off-peak season visit. Located at the edge of downtown Hill City which is convenient. Delicious breakfast. Highly recommend. Best of three B & B's on our trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2011

My extended family had two lovely nights at Mountains to Prairies in Hill City, SD, in August 2011. Both suites were beautiful. The owners were very sweet and accomodating, and the breakfasts were very nice. I would love to stay here again whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We loved everything about this place-Sam and Linda are excellent hosts,their grandaughters are the best little helpers. We stayed in Bessie Lees Peas and from the moment I walked in I fell in love with it. Notty pine everywhere and just so cozy and homey.It was very clean.The breakfasts were delicious.I think the beds were more comfortable than ours at home.Located on the edge of mainstreet out of the noise but just a short walk to shops and restaurants. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves to feel like you are home when you are on vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The owner took the time to pay attention to my sister's dietary restrictions and was absolutely wonderful about it. Wonderful. Comfy, convenient, charming, perfect. Coffee and tea made to order each day.

Room Tip: Give them a call or send an email.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family