“Family fun!”

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family fun!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Went with the family. Had gluten free mark on the menu for me. Staff was great! My 6 year old knocked off a glass of root beer and it was no problem. Food was very good. Buffalo steak was really good. ..Just know that it's not beef. Definitely worth it.

Edina, Minnesota
“Cowboy Coffee and Bison!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I visited on the recommendation of a co-worker, and are so glad we did. We arrived just as Desparados was opening for the evening meal and Dan, the owner, greeted us at the door. He made us feel immediately welcome. Our server was pleasant and told us the daily specials. We were there for the bison. My wife and I each shared a serving of the bison roast, which had been cooking for 10 hours . . . and a bison burger. The meal started with popovers for appetizers. From start to finish the meal was fantastic. By the way, I am often disappointed with coffee in restaurants, but the Cowboy Coffee left me satisfied [I had three cups!]. We are in town for the week, and will be returning today for lunch!

1 Thank Norm B
Toledo, Ohio
“A Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

From the moment we entered you can tell it was going to be a good evening dinner outing. Danny the owner immediately greeted us and made us feel welcomed. We were seated immediately and didn't wait very long for our server to show. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable of all the menu items. I decided to have their special which was the buffalo roast which was excellent. My wife had the chicken which also was very good. If you decide to opt for a dinner salad definitely ask for their homemade prairie dressing. Out of this world. It's too bad they don't bottle it for sale. Although the place has wood everywhere, booths are very private and comfortable. The restaurant is only open for dinner at 5:00 pm seven days a week.

1 Thank BuckeyeTraveler68
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Awesome Mother's Day lunch!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My son took me to Desperados for lunch on Mother's Day and it was not a disappointment! The day was cold, rainy and windy but the warm atmosphere, great food and very friendly staff made up for it! The charm and quality of this restaurant will make me come back again and again!

1 Thank Christi F
Hill City, South Dakota
“French Silk Pie”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had the Porterhouse pork chop. It was cooked perfectly and it was tender. It could've used a little more seasoning, but that is my personal preference. The chutney served with it was very good.

For dessert there is a new French Silk Pie on the menu. One expects this dessert to be sickeningly sweet, however, I found the opposite. The crust was salty, which I adored, although it could have been darker, again, my personal preference. The whipped topping portion of the pie had sour tones, almost as if it was made with sour cream, or buttermilk (or both). It was absolutely delicious.