“Wonderful place to eat.”

Desperados Cowboy Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Hill City
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great food, good service and a pleasant atmosphere. We would eat there again next time we are in town. I had a tasty and tender sirloin steak, my husband a huge chicken fried steak our neighbors had rhea walleye and ribs. All were wonderful. Cowboy mac and cheese is a must have side and proposers were wonderful.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The chicken fried steak with homemade gravy and the macaroni and cheese received great reviews at our table. Also loved was the bison pot roast. We called ahead as we were a party of six with three kids and we still waited about 30-40 minutes to be seated. The service was Ok. The atmosphere was charming. We recommend it if you're looking for good food, but not if you want to eat in a hurry!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

When we walked in this restaurant our first night in Hill City and gave our name to the host a local told us we picked the best place in Hill City to eat. We had to wait only about 10 minutes for a table. Our waiter and the young girl refilling drinks and clearing tables were very friendly. My husband ordered one of the steak specials that night and said it was delicious. (Although he would prefer Texas Roadhouse.) I had a dinner salad and split a Cowboy Mac and Cheese with my daughter. They were both quite good. The rolls and honey butter were very yummy. It was a pricey meal but very good.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The restaurant had a nice western atmosphere and the staff was very friendly. We ate there for lunch and had a variety of menu items. I had the chicken blt. While I felt the sandwich could have used a little more chicken, it tasted good none the less. My son claimed it was the best macaroni and cheese he had ever eaten!

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

When I travel, TripAdvisor is my go to travel agent. Rarely does it dissapoint, but in this case it did. The service, food and price were way off. We didn't finish our food, as it was terribly over-cooked and tasteless. There weren't that many other tables there at 8:00, but our food took a very long time. The server rarely checked on us and when she did, it was a quick stop and off she went to the back... The Alpine Inn was much better for the service, food and price.

2  Thank 4bluebirds