“not memorable”

Ranked #20 of 29 Restaurants in Hill City
Annecy, France
“not memorable”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Can't even remember what I ordered it was so ordinary. Better go to Desperados which has great decor, great bison and great service.

Torrance CA
“One of the Better Places in Town”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Golden Spike Inn, and this is the internal restaurant. The free breakfast served for hotel guests is done by this restaurant, and it is a very good buffet indeed. We ate dinner on two consecutive days. The first day we ate the daily special, a Chinese Chicken Salad. It was a very good salad, fresh and with lots of good ingredients. The waiter, Victor, was very helpful. Everything was good. The second day, I again had the daily special which was shrimp and also quite good, while my wife had a burrito, which she liked. But Victor was not there, and upon entry to the restaurant I noticed most of the empty tables had not been cleaned and readied for more customers. There was only one waitress. Service was somewhat slow. And yet, reading the TripAdvisor reviews for the other restaurants in town, I came to the tentative conclusion this may be the third best place in town for us to eat an ordinary dinner.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank rendahl
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good simple food with good service”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Our family ate here on a week night after hiking in Custer State Park and doing the 1880 train in Hill City. It was king of late...8:45 pm when we walked in. They closed at 9pm, but they stayed open for our hungry family of 4. We had burger, grilled chicken sandwich and club sandwiches...all were great. Our server was very nice and the place was very clean. It is attached to a Best Western Hotel. We recommend this for a good food at a great price when visiting the Hill City area.

Tampa, Florida
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Not very often that I eat in a Hotel Restaurant, but we decided to do just that this evening. I had the Taco Salad and it was Very Good. It would have been perfect if the shell had been a Fried Shell instead of a Baked Shell. Service was pretty good. I would eat here again

Lenexa, Kansas
“Nice location”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We (3 adults) ate here for 1 dinner, a few desserts, and 3 breakfasts. We were very hungry after driving 12-plus hours. We arrived at 7:30 pm. The restaurant closes at 8:00 or 9:00 pm. I ordered a beef burrito. Our waiter Victor recommended this since I was hungry. This was the first time that I had a soft burrito. It is a large tortilla filled with meat, beans, and cheese. All items are under or close to $10. You definitely gave to try their the desserts (ice cream, pies, cookies, and brownies). You get .50 cents off slices of pie with your stay. You also get buy one get one free ice cream. Yummy! The large cookies only cost .99 cents. The coconut cream pie was great. However, all of the pies looked tasty - I just couldn't try all of them! The front desk will serve you dessert if the restaurant is closed.

Breakfast is served buffet style. I really liked the English muffins. The buffet includes meat (ham or sausage), scrambled eggs, fruit, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, toast, muffins, and oatmeal. There is milk (2 percent and skim), orange juice, apple juice, and coffee to drink. This is a nice way to begin the day.

• Visited July 2014