“Ughhhhh”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hill City
Janssen's Lodestone Motel & Cabins
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Hill City
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed at Janssen's Lodestone Motel & Cabins. We had a cabin. It was interesting and not in a good way. Very cramped. The facility is older and that was very obvious. The cabin had two queen beds in the main room. In the bathroom and small kitchen area the floor was on unlevel that it was an effort to get ready in the mornings. Easy access to and from Hill City, but we strongly recommend another facility for lodging. The owner was nice. The TV system was weird. Had two controls that did not work together, even though they were suppose to??? Could not figure that one out.

Room Tip: Check out the room when arriving. Go into the bathroom and kitchen to see if you can deal with the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Lodestone and I definitely plan on staying again in the future. My son very much enjoyed the owners grandsons that were visiting, and of course the dog "Watson". The staff was very friendly and informative. We felt like "part of the family" Which made my son and myself, feel very safe and comfortable. The room was very clean. Also, a cozy bed along with a wonderful kitchen to use ! I cannot think of ANY reason to stay anywhere else ! I'm looking forward to our next stay!

1  Thank DMJ888
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Bottom line: If you are looking for delux accomendations and to be waited on this is not the place for you. We got a clean room with two beds, kitchen area, and a deck to sit out on with a swinging bench. They didn't come in the room daily to clean, which I prefer, but asked if we needed anything like towels etc. when they saw us. I felt this was the best deal in the area price wise and was not disappointed at all with the accomodations.

Room Tip: Two sides, one being rooms connected like a motel the other being indivual cabins. We stayed in the...
3  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Our stay at Lodestone was outstanding. Our story was very similiar to one I just read. The kids loved their dog Watson and made quick friends with the grandkids that were staying there at the same time. We had a full kitchen when we stayed and that helped on the budget. The price and location were right and it made anywhere in the Black Hills a day trip. We highly reccomend the Lodestone for a great experience.

2  Thank Todd K
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I used my delightful, quaint, clean and convenient cabin at Lodestone as a base of operations to motorcycle around the Black Hills for a week. The location near Hill City is ideal, right in the heart of the Black Hills. It was easy to plan day trips in any direction and return to my clean, quiet cabin for a comfortable night's rest. The cabin had all the amenities I could desire: wifi, TV with DVD and VCR, AC, stove, fridge, microwave, ceiling fan, dishes, towels and cooking utensils. I plan on bringing my family back here next year. They were also very reasonable in price and Tom Janssen and his family were great hosts!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank hackpilot
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We had a very enjoyable stay at this complex last month and we were only sad that we weren’t staying there longer. We stayed in one of the cabins and were very impressed with the size, cleanliness and convenience of it. It had everything we needed including an adequate bathroom and fully stocked kitchenette with large fridge, hob rings and all utensils needed for self-catering. The Wi-fi worked very well. My favourite aspect was the porch area and grill, as we sat out all night eating and drinking while watching the storm until late. Our late arrival (22.30) was no problem and even assisting me with the grill (the pilot spark wouldn’t work) at that time was no trouble for the owners. The location is great in the heart of the Black Hills, a short drive from Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial, while nothing in the area is far away. We loved this cabin and thought it to be very good value, we would definitely stay again if in the Black Hills.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BorderRambler
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Extremely clean. Very friendly and real log cabins. The kitchens were nice and having grills outside a big plus.

• Stayed: July 2012
Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 12 in Hill City

Been to Janssen's Lodestone Motel & Cabins? Share your experiences!