“Good option if at Palmer Gulch”

Ponderosa Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 29 Restaurants in Hill City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Nothing to go out of your way for, but if you are in the area you could do worse. Basic menu items. My burger was good, but the chicken sandwich was paltry. Staff seemed to be in a state of confusion. Solid but not exceptional.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We ate lunch here while staying in the lodge. The food was good, I had chicken fried steak and it was fine. My wife had the Bison Burger which she thought was dry but that may be because the meat is very lean. Service was friendly but a little slow at times probably because they were a little overwhelmed with the crowds due to Sturgis.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

The food her was yummy. I got the wrap and wish I had spent a little more money and gotten something more substantial. My son got the deep fried taco and we all were blown away by the size of the dish. The table full of bikers next to us got a tray of ribs and they couldn't finish them.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This place is part of KOA camp ground in the middle of nowhere. I price is high for what you get. I had a patty melt and the burger was over done and it tasted like a cheap frozen burger.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were staying in the Inn next door so it was very convenient to drop in. The food was okay and the service was good. If you're staying in the resort and your need a quick meal before going to Rushmore, it a good place.