“Surprisingly decent and friendly”
Review of Slate Creek Grille

Slate Creek Grille
Ranked #12 of 29 Restaurants in Hill City
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Custer, South Dakota
“Surprisingly decent and friendly”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were to meet another couple at a restaurant that turned out to be closed. We went to Slate Creek because they had the game on and we do not really care for the food at the other places that were open in town. The bartender was very friendly and helpful, my friend loved her Crow Peak tap beer, I had a great tequila sunrise. Happy hour prices were terrific! My husband and I both had Lois Lane chicken sandwiches, the chicken was moist and the flavor was great. My friends had country fried steak and prime rib. They were very happy with their food. The waitress was a little slow, but that is how things are here in our wonderful small towns! I would definitely return. It is a family style place, not a fancy upscale place, so don't come in with an attitude and you will have a nice experience!

Visited January 2014

Wimberley, Texas
“Pretty much Ho Hum”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Both food and service mediocre; I had the tilapia which was bland and the rest of the dinner was forgetful since I can't remember what it was. I also don't remember what my daughter ordered but she felt pretty much the same about her dinner. Service was slow, the restaurant is tired and a little grubby. Don't want to go back there.

• Visited September 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“Average lunch”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stopped here for a quick lunch, and although the food was passable, it wasn't really good. If the service had been better, perhaps we wouldn't have noticed that so much!

Visited September 2013
Guilford, Indiana
“Expensive price for mediocre food”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Small diner, expensive prices....did get a 10% discount because we stay at the local Best Western. Just so so food quality

Visited October 2013
Casper
“Average may be overstated.”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Food was just OK but not great. Service was the same. Most likely would not go back. There are better places to eat.

Visited October 2013