“Best Pizza I've Had in Years,”

Silver Dollar Saloon
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Hill City
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Deltona, Florida
“Best Pizza I've Had in Years,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I arrived into Hill City late after a day visiting Mt. Rushmore, Wind Cave National Park and Custer State Park. Our hotel clerk informed us very few restaurants would still be open in town, but if we were in the mood for great pizza, he knew just the place. I drove about a mile south of town to order Pizza at the Silver Dollar Salon. While waiting, I had a beer and spoke to a the bartender and the owner. Both were very accommodating and friendly...the place reminded me of the neighborhood bars I would frequent back in my younger days. Brought the pizza back to the hotel...it was the best we have had in years! If you love pizza with tons of toppings, this is the place to go in Hill City.

1 Thank Paul R

Nebraska
“Loved the Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We spent memorial weekend in the custer/hill city area. We were in Hill City, looking for a place to eat and everything had already shut down by 9. We were told by some locals that the Silver Dollar would still be open. This was by far one of the best places we dined at! The pizza was fantastic! Can't wait to stop in the next time we are in the area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ajay05
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
“Great pizza, exceptional service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

While camping outside of HIll City we stopped at the local market and asked if they could recommend a place to eat (it was 9:00 pm on a Sunday and we had just arrived in town). We were directed to the Silver Dollar and at first were disappointed that they were only serving pizza, but honestly the waittress was so friendly and accommodating that we were okay with it. The pizza was delicious and we were very satisfied. Had our grandkids with us and they had a good time there too. We would eat there again.

1 Thank Travelhappy025
Denver, Colorado
“Friendly service but woeful food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our waitress was extremely friendly and outgoing but we probably had the worst pizza we've ever tasted. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing for this restaurant.

Visited June 2014
North Bend, Oregon
“Not What i Had Hoped For”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Well, with a high trip adviser rating, I tried the Silver Dollar Saloon in Hill City SD for a burger. The burger...tasting a bit like whatever was cooked on the grill before it! However, the ice cold Corona with lime gets my " thumbs up!" I wouldn't return, and I certainly wouldn't be interested in seeing the kitchen up close!
My server was great, but of course, these were not many people in there.

1 Thank CDenbow
Mellissa78, Owner at Silver Dollar Saloon, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Ma'am, honestly it was I, Howie the owner whom waited on you, and my wife whom prepared your meal. With that said and now bear with me, why when I ask if your meal is satisfactory do you reply yes, but yet leave a poor review and a $3 and change tip? Now hear me out, if things are not up to par, please communicate that, (in person) as I would have easily either repaired replaced or refunded every nickel spent. Bashing a small business (kitchen thought?) is exactly why less and less mom and pop joints exist. There are 29 restaurants open for 5 months out of the year here, 23 or so catering to tourists, us and a few more (the local stops) are here year round to serve our customers. There is nothing and I mean nothing wrong with criticism, but to place it out here in the internet in some odd attempt to "take the bad taste outta your mouth" seems absurd. Please for the sake of communication between fellow humans, speak up and say " this is no good! please fix!" As I would hope for a future review along the lines of "Burger wasn't so good, staff immediately took swift action and I left truly pleased". We are hard working honest folks, here 7 days a week, to guarantee it's good. It's with heavy heart I write a review response as such. Come see us again as a perfect meal awaits you. On The House. (Including a Corona) Howie (605) 574-4417 :)