“Good place, great value.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hill City
Crooked Creek Resort and RV Park
“Good place, great value.”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days at the end of sept. I stumbled upon their website after not being able to find many other cabins due to the buffalo round up. They were running a september special for 50% off cabins, ended up being about $66/night which I thought was a great value. The location was fantastic for a black hills vacation. We stayed in cabin 2, it was clean and cozy. I especially love the fact that it was equipped with a fridge, toaster, and microwave, and had a bathroom right in it, so no shared bathroom! Every cabin also had a full size grill so that was awesome. My complaints are nothing major, just the close proximity to the highway made for campfires with lots of road noise. The bathroom was small and akward, but still better than using a shared bathroom. Customer service was so-so, the only time I had contact with staff was during check in and check out and I can't say I was disappointed, but it wasnt anything candy coated either. All in all, I'd stay here again if I could get a deal on a cabin, not sure that I'd pay the peak season rate though. A note to anyone looking to reserve a cabin!: cabin 3 does not have a fire pit...we stayed in cabin 2 and had one, but felt bad for our neighbors who did not.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Molly3262
HillCityResort, Owner at Crooked Creek Resort and RV Park, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
We are glad you had the opportunity to experience the South Dakota Buffalo Roundup. This a great event for our state and a once in a life time experience for any one who attends. We hope to see you again. We have two new events coming to Hill this summer. August 22nd and 23rd Hill City "Wine, Brew & BBQ" KCBS Sanctioned Event. Sept 13th Hill City Regatta Charity Challenge event featuring boats made with plastic products only! Fun for all in Hill City.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Beaver City, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have stayed at Crooked Creek in cabin 3 several years in a row during the Sturgis Rally. Only had one problem/mix-up that was taken care of. Nice place, and QUIET at night. We always reserve for the following year when we leave. Don't understand the negative comments unless people are getting way too picky. Will keep coming back. Thanks
Bob and Marlene L. Beaver City, NE

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bob L
Keep coming back! Cabin 3 is still here! We have updated and added some new cabins for 2014.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 15 September 2013

First they did not honor the internet price of $37.00. I was charged $55.00. Stayed there for 2 nights, what a mistake, should have gone elsewhere. Keystone had much better arrangements, but I did know about it there. They did not come in to clean the room, that pissed me off.
I questioned it and they told me that I had to request it if I wanted the room serviced, something they did not tell me about. The showers in the rooms were not that good, low water pressure and a lousy shower head. Room was clean except for all the dead flies on the window sill. Air conditioning did not work all that well either. Found out later that they had a breakfast special, they did not tell me about that either. One other thing, rooms are quite small.

Room Tip: Do your homework before you vacation. I did some homework, but not enough.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HDcruiser
We have been owners here at the Resort for the last 14 years. We have put our and souls into this place. We are so sorry that it did meet your expectations. Will keep working on it.
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Made reservations for a campsite near friends 13 months ahead. Received email confirmation. Upon arrival we were told another guest decided to stay longer and our long reserved site was not available. They offered a site outside the laundry far from our friends which we could take or forfeit our deposit. The rude clerk offered to buy me a beer to help me get over it. Crappy place. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jfamesnf
We are sorry for how you where treated by the front desk clerk. It is not in our policy that a clerk tells you to have a beer and get over it. You should have requested to speak to a manger and this matter would have been taken care of that day. Again we apologize for the rudeness of our employee.
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First time to the area and this RV Park was recommended by our friends. We were not disappointed. Clean and friendly. It was perfect for us to stay there and then drive our tow car to all the surrounding area. It has bike trail across the creek (a pay trail but small state charge)
I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi folks, we are so happy your first experience here was grand! Please come and visit us again.
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My grandson and I spent 3 days in the motel. The campground and the outside setting is nice but I thought the motel was overpriced for what we got. I had booked our vacation through Blackhills vacation website and they set us up with this. The staff was very nice. we've stayed at a few other motels on our way out and back home. The Best Western and Super 8 charged alot less plus got many cable channels in our rooms while out at Crooked Creek didn't even get 10 channels. The location is perfect and centrally located for all the sites out there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
We are sorry that our Motel was not up to your expectations. Yes it is a smaller scale motel than your chain motels. Our purpose at the resort is to provide adequate lodging for the area. Our Motel is in a campground setting therefore we do not want to imitate a Super 8 or Best Western. Pricing is based on a seasonal business. We feel our rates and accommodations are very comparable to others in the area. We have been upgrading and doing capital improvements since 2001.
Holstein, iowa
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We have been staying here each year we go out to Sturgis. They have ample tent sites, cabins and hotel. We always stay in the cabins, some have full bathroom while others are just beds. It's clean, friendly and very relaxing. They have breakfast, ice, firewood, pop chips and other accessories for sale while you stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you and your friends again in the future! Happy Camping!