Best Western Golden Spike Inn & Suites(Hill City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$224
US$195
Quality Inn(Hill City)(Great Value!)
US$162
Comfort Inn & Suites(Hill City)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$674
TripAdvisor
Harney Peak Inn(Hill City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfire pitclean restroomsthursday sundayblack hillstent camperssmall kitchenettepancake breakfastcrazy horsethe staff was friendly and helpfulbear countryrv sitesbath housecabinplaygroundmtkeystonegravel
Reviewed 22 August 2010

My wife, Daughter and I stayed in a tent at crooked creek for 5 days and enjoyed it very much! We set our tent up next to the creek and close to the bathroom/showers. The staff was excellent and helpful, took the time to stop by our camp site and ask how things were going and also asked if we needed anything and offered tips on things to do in the black hills. The location was excellent! We were able to drive to an attraction go to our camp site for lunch then move on to another attraction with ease. We were fairly close to the highway and had no problems with traffic noise.

This was our second time staying at Crooked Creek campground and would definetly stay there and recommend to others! The grounds were mainted beautifully and we were close to every attraction we wanted to see when we visited.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Located a few miles from Hill City, many of the Black Hills towns and tourist locations are within a reasonable drive. Also, Hill City has many amenities and fun thing to do as well.

The campgrounds where maintained decent and the kids did enjoy the pool. However, quite time is not enforced whatsoever. Expect campfire parties to continues until 3 AM (at least we did).

The complaints I have are mostly to do with ownership and management. They truely have no concept of customer service. After making a reservation about a month out, I learned on my arrival that I had to move my RV from one site to another in the middle of our stay. When you are in the middle of a vacation with your family and every hour of every day means something, this was unexecusable to me. They basically told me "its just the way it is" and did not even attempt to make it right in anyway whatsoever. Making matters worse, the imcompetent staff could not even get the story strait on what day we actually had to move.

Someone also mentioned the prices of items in the store. Everything was ridiculous in there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2009

These camping cabins are great at 50% off, which it was when we stayed here. The campground and land are clean and tidy, with a stream running through. Our cabin had 3 double beds, so my husband, myself, and our son could spread out! Plenty of room for luggage. On the downside, the bathrooms are down a short, rather steep hill, especially at night. On the plus side, if you were to come with a big group, this same property contains not only the campground and camping cabins, but also a motel and other, more traditional cabins.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2009

One is close to Hill City and the other is further north. We camped with a tent in an RV site at the camp ground about two miles from Hill City and thought it was really good. We have two kids, 11 and 13, camped in site 5, which is right up against the pool and play ground. If you have kids, this is a great site becauseI could sit in my camp site, watch the kids play in the pool and at the play area and not worry about it. I think site 3 or 4 would be the best if you have kids because of being right by the restroom and playground. I've read some bad reviews, but people must be talking about hte other Crooked Creek campground. If you want quiet and not be bothered by traffic going to the restrooms and pool, do not stay in sites 1 - 6 because they do get alot of traffic, ,but that was fine with me. The kids could run to the nice, newly renovated restoom and I could watch them from the campsite wtihout having to walk them across the camp ground. The washer/drayers were recently updated and very nice. They have a very small general store, but HIll City if a short drive away for more groceries. This is also very convenient to all the tourist sites. Would definitely stay there again. Lots of families, kids riding bikes, and alot cheaper than the KOA or other camp sites. Its an older campground, but thought it was nicely managed. There are cabins, but they are right up against the road and Highway 16 is a major road, these cabins were noisey, but at the camp sites, you could hear traffic a little, but it wasn't bad or disruptive. In the summer time, they also have a very reasonable cooked breakfast, so its not necessary to cook your own breakfast. We cooked most of our meals at the camp site, there is a fire pit and a picnic talbe provided. One neighbor was msising a fire ring and the managemennt had a replacement fire ring there in minutes. Its a good idea to cook most of the meals because the restaurants in the area are expensive, there is no fastfood except in Rapid City. The parks all had nice picinic areas so you could bring your own meals and eat outside while enjoying nature. Its a vacation that you can make as cheap or expensive as you want.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2009

We had a Trailmanor for camping there. Everything clean and worked well. Upon asking, staff helped with ideas on things to see in the area. Great value when 50% off!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple