The staff was wonderful. The owners and caretakers are really friendly and helpful. We stayed there in July for 6 nights and I found it the perfect place to return to after a day of touring the Black Hills attractions. The pool was a great place for the kids to cool off and have some fun. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well maintained. We did stay in a cabin for 3 nights (availability) and they were fantastic as well, great for bigger families. It is right near a couple Wineries that have surprisingly good wine. This lodge is located on the highway, which was a concern at first but I barely noticed. From the lodge, it seemed like we were never very far from our destination for the day. Perfect location in the heart of the Black Hills. I will definitely stay here on future family vacations to the Black Hills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your Black Hills vacation at our lodge and cabins within minutes to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park and several area attractions, ride on the Mickelson trail or kick back at Sheridan lake 2 miles away, cookout on our covered deck, and enjoy the scenic hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Mountain View Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Lodge & Cabins Hotel Hill City
- Mountain View Lodge And Cabins
- Mountain View Hotel