Being from Florida I was expecting a typical hotel, this is not typical. This is an owner operated family run business. If you have questions ask, they are more then willing to help or try to help. Do not make the mistake I did and wait till your trip is over to realize they could have made your stay better if I had only asked. The lodge is older, there is not 20 channels on t.v. but they do have channels CNN Cartoon Network and a local channel and two others, but most people do not vacation to watch t.v., if like me you are trying to unwind at night and would like to watch a movie I found out they offer the use of a DVD, just ask. They also do not have in room telephones, but the offer on at the office that is available 24 hours, I was not aware of this when I was there. Also read the small placards left on at least one of the dressers or night stand, as I missed them, they will let you know that they do not provide daily maid service, but if you want your room serviced towels etc. the hanging do not disturb sign has another side to it that reads something to the extent of room to be serviced, I am not sure of the exact words as I did not even know it was there until after the trip. Also, if you experience things like we did door sticking or lock not working properly, the owner whom has informed is a hands on and skilled handyman is only minutes away and will fix the problem right away. As far as breakfast goes, if you like cold cereal and doughnuts or coffee and juice or bananas then they have this as a morning staple, if not Hill City is not far or you can head back toward Rapid City or Ft. Hays has 99 cent all you can eat pancakes heading toward Rapid City on the left. Overall it is a place to sleep, it is between most places like Mt Rushmore and Custer State Park and Deadwood and Rapid City, and Wind Cave, and so much more to do and see in the Black Hills, and If you have Sprint, It does not work in South Dakota, if you have a Sprint flip phone or non smart phone it will carry over to AT&T but the Sprint Smart phone will not work in the state, and no GPS works in the black hills. Overall the owners were outstanding in showing me they cared. I also want to mention there is cat that visits from across the street and she is very friendly, however there are no pets allowed. Thank you to Everyone at Mountain Lodge for the professional and courteous service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your Black Hills vacation at our lodge and cabins within minutes to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park and several area attractions, ride on the Mickelson trail or kick back at Sheridan lake 2 miles away, cookout on our covered deck, and enjoy the scenic hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Mountain View Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Lodge And Cabins
- Mountain View Lodge & Cabins Hotel Hill City
- Mountain View Hotel