My husband and I traveled from Seattle to Hill City for a wedding. The wedding took place behind the lodge in a beautiful wooded area. I would highly reccomend this space for an event. We stayed 3 nights in a very nice, clean 1 bedroom suite (2 Queen beds). The kitchenette (microwave, toaster, fridge, sink) was convenient for chilling our wine we picked up from the Prarie Berry Winery up the road. A fantastic continental breakfast is served each morning in the main office. The lodge was located in the perfect location for our purposes. We were close to Harney Peak, various trails in the area (I recommend the Horsethief Lake hike...approximately 15 minutes away from the lodge), Deerfield Lake (fishing), Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Deadwood, Lead, Custer State Park, Keystone, downtown Hill City, Rapid City....and much more. There is also a wonderful burger/ice cream spot across the street (Dairy Twist) as well as miniature golf. We really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your Black Hills vacation at our lodge and cabins within minutes to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park and several area attractions, ride on the Mickelson trail or kick back at Sheridan lake 2 miles away, cookout on our covered deck, and enjoy the scenic hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Mountain View Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Lodge & Cabins Hotel Hill City
- Mountain View Lodge And Cabins
- Mountain View Hotel