“It's different...”

Naked Winery South Dakota
Ranked #12 of 27 things to do in Hill City
More attraction details
Owner description: Naked Winery What's in your Glass? - Naked Winery Naked Winery(R) is a South Dakota winery that takes the pecksniffery out of wine tasting. We'll set the mood and tease your senses with our romantically playful, traditional grape wines. Naked Winery(R) offers a wide variety of grape wines. Including red, white and blush varietals. We also offer a few select fruit wines. All of our wines are presented in a fun way that will spark your passion. At Naked Winery(R), we want you to drink what you like and have fun doing it! Let the romantic atmosphere put you at ease as you enjoy a glass of wine by the fire with friends and family. Naked Winery(R) has tasting rooms in Hill City and Custer, South Dakota. The Hill City location now offers over 100 revolving microbrews with 34 on tap. Including our new line of in-house Sick-N-Twisted(R) microbrews!
Reviewed 3 September 2013

They definitely try to be different, which I can appreciate, but it just felt like they were trying to be too much at once. Is it a winery? is it a tasting room? Is it a bar? Is it a brewery? is it a biker hangout? is it a restaurant? is it a strip club? is it a hole in the wall? It's probably just an average to below average version of all of the above. The wine itself is not very good and the service staff is sort of quirky and different. We did end up buying a bottle because the bottle was made of plastic, which we thought was unique and cool. So that was the only positive about the place. Wouldn't go back and I don't really recommend it.

1  Thank Derek R
Robert L, Manager at Naked Winery South Dakota, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Derek- Thanks for taking the time to review Naked Winery and Sick-N-Twisted Brewery we do want to be different if we were all the same we believe that it would be boring. The main thing is we want to have people have fun and relax. The wine is very traditional with no fruit or sugars added. I am glad you got one of our outdoor wines I am sure you will enjoy it. Thanks for stopping in.

All reviews
"well worth the stop"
"black hills"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We came into this winery because it is both a winery and microbrewery (and it has a fun name). We tried their beer and its not to shabby for just starting last year. The cream ale was awesome for a hot day. The best part of our experience was when we decided to sit on the patio and listen to Don playing guitar. We only wanted one beer but were having such a good time with him we stayed for two more! This place has a great atmosphere and good beer. We didn't try the wine but heard good things about it. We just wanted to say thank you to Don for making this an unforgettable afternoon (with some great brews).

Robert L, Manager at Naked Winery South Dakota, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your time Don has played for us since we opened he is one of the people favorites. I will pass on the compliment to him. Thanks for visiting and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

While I stayed in Custer, SD there was this little winery on the main drag. I went in around 8:30 pm. There was no one in there but the friendly girl that helped me with my wine tasting. It was $1 per tasting or 6 for $5. I had the 6 and the girl was so helpful. I am not a huge wine drinker and in fact just with in the last year or so have started drinking wine. I prefer super sweet wines. She helped me try a few and I ended up buying a bottle of Strip and Go Skippin' moscato. Fantastic! The girl really helped seal the deal! I had my kids with me as we were walking down the fairway and she had them sit in a little area and watch tv and hooked them up with a little chocolate. Would have been better without them lol.

Robert L, Manager at Naked Winery South Dakota, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and had a wonderful experience hope you visit again soon we also have a tasting room in Hill City, Hood River Oregon and Ben Oregon if you ever get that way.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We found this by chance, and were pleasantly surprised! Great staff, excellent selection of wine and beer. They even offered the kids an ice cream tasting! Everything was great, can't wait to go back.

Robert L, Manager at Naked Winery South Dakota, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thanks for stopping we look forward to seeing you and your kids again next time in the hills