“Everyone loves Teddy Bears”
Review of Teddy Bear Town

Teddy Bear Town
Ranked #3 of 3 Tours in Hill City
More attraction details
Owner description: Teddy Bear Town is a little gingerbread house that displays the Guinness World Record of over 8000 teddy bears. Bears in the collection have come from every U.S. state and 24 foreign countries and no two are alike. There is no charge to see the collection, runs on a donation basis plus sales from the gift shop. It is opened daily from Memorial Week-end thru mid-Sept., 8a.m. til 7p.m. Off-season tours are given upon request.
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Everyone loves Teddy Bears”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This was a great stop for all in our group, young and old alike.
The kids each brought a Teddy Bear to add and immediately got their name and number given to them so they can come find their bear again. Jackie who owns the museum could not have been nicer to my grandchildren.
She explained to us how she got started and the museum has blossomed over the years.
Nice respite from driving and climbing.

Visited July 2013

Taylors Falls, Minnesota, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Teddy Bear City is more like it!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I had found this little gem on line and had talked about stopping. The first day through Hill City we forgot to stop and boy did we hear about it from our 6 year old! Luckily we had time to stop another day and we were not disappointed. Plus we found out that it had been closed the day before anyway! Amazing the number of teddy bears one person has collected. So fun to see where they had all come from and the variety. Good luck spotting two bears alike! Plus it is free and the owner is super friendly and showed us some bears that make noise etc. Even told us how she got started with her collection and how it has grown. No push for purchasing or donations-which made me do both!!!!

Visited June 2013
Oskaloosa, IA
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Bears everywhere!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We read about this place before our vacation and brought a bear to contribute to the collection. We were bear number 8,114 in the world record collection. Amazing to see the number of bears, she has started to hang them from the ceiling as she is running out of space. She has a case of antique bears as well. Each bear is labeled with who donated it and where they are from. She even has several from other countries. Worth a stop if you are in Hill City.

Visited May 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beary Wonderful!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Bears everywhere! I loved it. Jackie can tell you about every bear, where it came from, and special stories that may go along with certain bears. Bears, Bears, and more Bears! Take time to check it out, you won't be sorry. You will get warm fuzzies from this museum.
She also has a nice gift store in the very front of the building. I love my t-shirt very comfy and true to size and didn't shrink.
I was in bear heaven!
Keep bear heaven/haven alive, make a donation- there is no charge to get in.
Besides, without Teddy Bear Town, where would all the bears go to live?

Visited August 2012
Hastings, Michigan
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“I tought I taw a teddy bear?”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I thougth I had a stuffed animal collection... NOT compaired to the Teddy Bear Town! WOW is all we could say! Although we do have a Boy Scout Bear that we will be sending along to join the crowd! Each bear is labled which is amazing! Met with the owner and she really takes pride in her shop. No charge to visit, a must see!

Visited August 2012