“Classic diner appeal”

Hubcap Diner
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Hill City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint James, Minnesota
“Classic diner appeal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We had a burger and a hot turkey sandwich for lunch, food was great. Waitresses were friendly with fast service. Shared a strawberry shake, it was delicious! Best we've had in a very long time!

Ogden Ut
“A true diner and good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

the menu was right out of the '50's. We shared a pizza,but the burgers and shakes around us looked great. Fair prices and friendly,efficient staff.

Monroe, Louisiana
“Old fashioned diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Served in an old cafe/diner atmosphere. Had a hamburger and fries. Fixed like hamburgers used to be. Wife had elk. They have large milk shakes on the menu but we did not order. Went on a Sunday night when not much was open.Good if you want a hamburger like meal served quickly.

nebraska
“Enjoyed it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

This place has a nice outdoor seating where you overlook the town. It was a nice evening so we sat outside. It got alittle noisy @ times when the cycles would drive through. I had a cheeseburger & my husband had a elk burger, both were good. We shared a big choclate cookie (by the cash register) & it was a wonderful, homemade taste. Glad we spurged on it. Would go there again. Reasonably priced, clean & friendly staff.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place for a late evening ice cream soda.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Capping off a long day of sight-seeing at Custer State Park, I went for a walk around Hill City's "downtown" strip - a collection of about 2 blocks of an eclectic mix of historical and retro buildings.I had already eaten, and was looking for a place around 8:00pm for dessert and to people-watch. I chanced upon this great little retro diner and chose an outside seat to watch the Harley riders go up and down the street, and enjoy the sunset. My waitress suggested an ice cream soda, which was made with real soda water, a dash of blackberry syrup, and a scoop of quality ice cream. I really, really enjoyed it, and recommend it to anyone who wants a cool finish to a long, hot day. My waitress, a perky local, was very friendly and helpful, and the staff didn't seem to mind that I took my time finishing my drink as they closed for the evening (9:00pm).

• Visited August 2013