“Prime Rib!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Horse Creek Inn Restaurant & Campground
Ranked #16 of 28 Restaurants in Hill City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Prime Rib!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Excellent prime rib, nothing fancy, just good old fashioned food, with excellent service and good drinks.

Visited March 2014

Sundance, Wyoming
“prime rib prime rib. not here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We both had prime rib. mine was tuff no flavor, hers was tender no flavor. it was almost cool to touch. our first vist and I was excitied from reading the reviews great prime rib, best I ever had. if this was what they had they don't know great prime rib. We should have just had a grilled steak i believe. The server did a fine job. we had revervations for Valentines day got there a bit early but we got seated pronto. our first experiance over all here from 1-10 would be a 5. I hope to get back again and I will have a grilled steak that meal will determine if we ever return again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lytton
“It's Okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

We spend a fair amount of time in the Black Hills through the years and have never stopped at Horse Creek until recently when local friends suggested it for supper. We arrived after the main supper crowd had left so we were able to have easy conversation among ourselves and with the wait staff. I found the staff enjoyable and fast but than there were only a couple table still dining when we ordered. Our group all ordered the Prime Rib and several took advantage of soup over salad both of which were good but really seemed like something you might get at a local café. When the main course arrived it was hot with very well proportioned cuts of meat and good sized potatoes. I found the meat to be tender but just didn't have the flavor that I'm accustomed to yet I have to add that it was cooked to perfection. We passed on desert as the main course had done it's job and we were all well fed. We will give this restaurant another try when we return in a few months to see if I can rate them at excellent.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Very Good Prime Rib”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a B&B nearby this restaurant and it was recommended to us upon arrival. The place was not very busy and after reading some of the reviews I was wary. This place did not disappoint us.

The waitress was very friendly and the food was great. The prime rib was some of the best I have eaten. I also enjoyed the Beer Cheese Soup.

Thank you for making our 1st Anniversary Dinner great. We will definitely be returning.

Wimberley, Texas
“Great Prime Rib”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Their specialty is prime rib and it's excellent. My daughter had the beer potato soup and loved it ( I tasted it and it was very good), I had the salad and it was OK. But the prime rib - wow - it was huge, cooked perfectly and very tender. Service was prompt and friendly. Décor is somewhat dated but who cares when you taste the prime rib.

• Visited September 2013