“Always planned in our annual trip”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Hill City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We go to the Black Hills Rally every year for the past 24 years and the Alpine is on our list every year. What a find! Great steaks, excellent service but most of all, I look forward to my yearly treat to the tiramisu. I have not had any better, anywhere. While waiting to be seated, several ladied in the line commented that the napoleon was the best ever. So, although I still ordered the tiramisu, we ordered a napolean to share among all at the table. It was just "ok" but the tiramisu was as I remember it every year. There are times we have gone to the Alpine twice during one visit, if time allows.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were here the week before the rally so the town was full and this restaurant was busy. We ordered take out and I was impressed by how well the bartender took care of us. Many times take out is a step child to some restaurants. The filet was good perhaps the best steak we ate in the Black Hills. Don't miss the deserts. The bread pudding was awesome and somehow found its way into our plans even when we did not eat here. The other deserts we had were very good too.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We come to South Dakota almost every year and the Alpine Inn is a must for us. This year my 86 year old mother was traveling with us and she enjoyed her lunch and dessert as much as my husband and I enjoyed ours. Her only complaint was how cold it was inside the restaurant and it seemed to be blowing on her. The waitress was friendly enough but it was very busy and she seemed a bit like she didn't want to be there. I ordered the special, beef stroganoff and I must say was the best I've ever eaten. We all had dessert which is a must no matter which one you choose and there are lots!!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Got there right before 5, when dinner starts. Had to wait bout 25 minutes or so to get seated. Definitely worth the wait! Have 2 dinner choices. We chose the steak dinner. Comes with baked potato, toast and lettuce wedge with ranch dressing. Only wish they had more choices for dressing but everything was delicious. Would definitely return. Once seated your food arrives in less than 20 minutes. Make sure you have cash, don't take any credit cards. Great food!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Food was ok and device was fine until it was time to get the bill and pay. We waited for way too long just to get the bill and ended up just going up to the hostess. The hostess (I am assuming the owner) was totaling (by hand) and handing out all of the bills herself while trying to seat other poeple at the same time. Several employees offered to assist her to speed things up but she refused their help and continued to slow things down. She needs to trust her employees to hand out the bills and seat people or this place will not make it. We will never return.

1  Thank Harrenstein

Been to Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!