“Absolutely the best”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Family run restaurant, has a great German potatoes salad and lunch meals. The steaks at supper menu is also the best bacon wrapped steaks you can ever have. But like always, nothing is ever perfect for some people 100% of the time. The quarter with head of lettuce with ranch dressing is like none I have ever eaten.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,546)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I and two grown daughters ate lunch here on a Saturday and it was crowded! We arrived early and were seated right away, but by the time we left there was a long line. At lunch they specialized in German food and it was very good. At dinner time they only have two choices - a bacon-wrapped filet or a veggie pasta (?) dish. It was not our favorite place to eat in Hill City but was ok.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went there for dinner with a large party of my local friends and us, the out of state vacationers. I had been hearing about this place for a few years from my friends, and it was exactly as they said: Good filets, good wedge salad and outstanding desserts. Husband said it was the best Napoleon he's ever had. It was unbelievably inexpensive, and they only take cash. It's kind of funny that they have this extensive menu for lunch, but just the 2 choices for dinner, but obviously it works, as the place was packed on a Tuesday night for the 5:30 seating. We went back a few days later for lunch and had a nice meal on the porch, with very accommodating service. I had the grilled turkey reuben, and he had the French Dip; his only complaint was it was a little on the dainty side, (but I would not classify it as such) but mine was huge, so I shared. A really lovely place overall, and extra nice as my friend knows the owner so we got to meet her, and she remembered us the second time we went, after I said something to her. They don't have places like this in Dallas, for sure.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you want a great fillet and aren't worried about a lot of choices or extra frills, try Alpine Inn. Both service and food were excellent. They DO NOT accept credit cards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

German food is served at this quaint motel/restaurant. We went for lunch on a recommendation and were very pleased. I had the German Plate and my wife had the schnitzel. Wow - we were stuffed at the end but tried a dessert of Apple and Cream Cheese Strudel. Again, we were not disappointed. They do not accept credit cards and our lunch (with one glass of wine) was $55. But well worth every penny!

Been to Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!