“Great food”
Review of Alpine Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hill City
Alpine Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hill City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Me and my family went there and you got a stake and a wedge salad! It doesn't sound like much but it was the best salad I've ever had! We stayed in South Dakota for a week and ate there 2 times. There was a small wait but that what you get for that good of food!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stopped at the Alpine Inn for lunch during a fishing trip May 16-18 in the Black Hills. We were ushered to a table rather quickly...quickly taken through various dining sections. We were seated and made our selections. I then made my way to the rest rooms. Upon returning from the rest room, I noticed a very small sign (10" X 15") alongside an entry path to the area we were seated. This was the first indication of the "no credit cards" policy. I asked our waitress if this was the policy, she indicated it was. She indicated there was an ATM available in the bar area (one - armed bandit- total service fee was 12% on the minimum cash to cover our meals-my bank doesn't charge for cash withdrawals but it's definitely a way for the Alpine Inn to get more revenue. I do not travel with cash, have traveled across the US without 10 cents in my pocket. Check books stay at home...this is the 21st century, good or bad! The least management and ownership could do is post a blatant sign on the entry door "NO CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED". I left the dining area and attempted to find a bank that was open (Saturday-no banks open) or another ATM connected to my bank. I returned, used the one-armed bandit, and my wife paid the bill. We took our meals "to go", and returned to another community where our room was located. I dumped my meal in the first garbage can I found...that was the level of my disgust for the Alpine Inn and their "no credit card" policy. I will never again stop here for any reason and the community of Hill City should think twice about what kind of impression a business leaves when they do not accept credit cards in this day and age. I was very embarrassed and very upset about the whole experience and do not need to go through the experience again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alvin F
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Our family loves eating at this restaurant in Hill City! We plan our trip around eating there at least twice! Food is delicious, the European feel is wonderful, the staff is first class and always polite and friendly. We have also stayed at their homey hotel on the same property. Nice ambience.

Room Tip: Call ahead to book your room. This place is popular.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Grandmaoftwelve
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our family unfortunately chose to visit the sites of South Dakota's Blackhills during the Sturgis Rally. It was neat to see all the bikes but hotels within a 60 mile radius were inflated by hundreds of dollars. We luckily found the Inn that had rooms for our family. The dining in downstairs was delicious. The rooms were amazing and not outdated at all. The rooms were so neat and remodeled nicely leaving the Wild West feel! We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!

Room Tip: There is a room that has its bathroom across the hall. It wasn't an issue with our family and ro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank creightonomahane
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Yes it does take awhile for the food to come out, but worth the wait. Sandwich came with potato salad or fruit. Desserts were wonderful and enough for 2 people. ($5.50/$6.00) Loved all the shops in town. The chicken and dumpling soup was not good at all, very tiny dumplings. Looked like it was what you would get out of a can.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2013

After a fun day driving the scenic roads in Custer S.P., and hiking around Sylvan Lake, we were ready for a good dinner. The steaks with salad and potato were just right. Only wish we had room for dessert! Great service, and a most pleasant atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The dinner menu is limited, but the food is superb! We visited this restaurant twice while we were in SD the summer of 2012. People line up an hour before they open in order to get in. I would highly recommend their bread pudding. It is out of this world! I still have not successfully located it online anywhere so it's obviously a very guarded secret.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family