“Not worth the savings”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kadoka
Longmont, Colorado
“Not worth the savings”
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We stayed in a room for 5: 2 queen beds and a twin. So, the room was larger than the average room, probably. We were warned at check-in that the door sometimes sticks, so we should turn the key "and give it a shove". Not the best words to hear. Beds were adequate. Bathroom was incredibly tiny. The showerhead came out of the wall at about 4 ft high, which I'm sure was great for the kids, but really annoying for 5'10" me and my 6'2" husband. Felt like I was back at summer camp! Adding to this was a cracked showerhead that drizzled and fizzed and dripped, and water that was either scalding hot or cold (it took about 5 minutes of delicate manipulation of the faucet before the water was of a temp to comfortably shower.). Like another reviewer, we arrived late and left early, so there was no one to complain to. Breakfast was free and adequate, but overall, I'd rather spend a few more bucks and get a nice shower out of the deal.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank loadeddownwithkids

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Eugene OR
Reviewed 8 June 2010

This hotel the sign outside said very clean rooms - this was far from it! FAR FROM IT! We had late check in so by the time I got to my room and called to tell them it was gross the girl at the desk had already left. Right when I got to the room I realized what a mess it was. The toilet was running very loudly, I actually had to go outside and get a rock to put in it - in order to not hear it run all night. We were unable to shower due to the dirt... Seriously the ceiling in the bathroom was molded out and dripping nastynesss down into the tub. I couldn't even rinse it out well enough to feel comfortable taking a shower there. Not only was stuff dripping from that spot in the ceiling there was nasty drip lines all over the bathroom walls. So I went out to the sink and unwrapped a cup to get a drink and seriously dirt came out of the sink - there was sand of some sort in my cup and I almost drank it. So needless to say this was absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Next morning I went and told them about it - the girl at the desk asked to see my pictures and didn't seem surprised by the fact that the roof was falling in and moldy. I had her call the manager at home and wake her up and the best they could offer me was a forth of my money back - seriously 16 dollars back. I would of rather slept in my car then this dump. This is a horrible place to stay and Im also contacting the BBB because they did not provide a very clean room to stay in.... o and don't forget the used floss and random thingy on the sink too.. Ewwwwwww is all I have to say!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank LauraCEugeneOR
Nebraska
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Fast freindly staff. Older place but, cleaner and better kept than some 2 year old hotels I have been to. Beds were extremely comfortable. Outdoor pool is a bit small and the deck is very rough on the feet but, it was a nice place to relax and cool down. We ordered in the best pizza I have had in a long time.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
US
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Staff is very nice, breakfast was good, had tv channels for kids, & room was roomy. If you cannot climb stairs make sure to reserve a room on the ground floor.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 June 2009

On the road through South Dakota, happened on this place and were very impressed by the friendly desk staff and the cheap price. The clerk made recommendations on food (told us where to order a great pizza saving us the trouble of going out to look for dinner). Breakfast was simple - coffee, donuts, cereal - but adequate for our needs. Our room was cheaper because on the 2nd floor (we were given a choice and chose to save $5 by climbing the stairs).

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Janesville MN
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Was passing through on a business trip and thought I would give this place a try. Was pleasantly suprised by the courteous staff and amenities. Nice comfortable rooms and a nice TV to watch and a good breakfast the next morning. Definately a place to remember next time I am in the area.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Hollywood, Maryland
Reviewed 5 September 2007

Kadoka, SD is on the way to Mt. Rushmore and a very good stopping point for travelers. However, the area is extremely limited for restaurants and stores. The motel was very small and had no elevator. The checkout time was 10:00 a.m. No hair dryers were available in the rooms. There were some kept in the lobby -first come first served. The room a/c had a musty smell. There was no microwave or fridge. However, surprisingly there was a huge tv in the room. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was horrible. Food was literally thrown on the counter around in boxes, a plastic bowl of donut holes in a kitchen sink with flies circling. Did not appear clean. I only recommend this motel for a quick stop while passing through to the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore.

• Disliked — The area, the continental breakfast and everyone walking around with wet hair because of the lack of hair dryers!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank 7thD

Been to Budget Host Sundowner? Share your experiences!