“Not impressed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Kadoka

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Rodeway Inn Kadoka
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kadoka
Norther Central PA
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had room 134 and I was not impressed. Our room had 2 double beds and 2 singles . The room was old and dated but it was clean, but that's about it as for as pleasing goes. There was no fridge or microwave. The carpet needed to be shampooed. The sheets on the twin beds would not stay on the beds and I kept waking up to fix them so my grandchildren weren't sleeping on dirty mattresses. The beds were soft and semi-comfortable. A continental breakfast was offered free at the restaurant next door, or you could get 15% off of a menu ordered breakfast. The elderly woman who oversaw the free continental breakfast area was a joy. Breakfast was toast, English muffins, frosted flakes, cheerios, bran and blueberry muffins, donuts, juice, coffee and tea. Because of the sheets coming off the beds, I probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ladymedonna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fairbury, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I just could't wait to get out of this room. I expected more for the price. It seemed dirty with the old worn carpet. Don't let the outside of the motel fool you. I felt creepy crawlie all nite! I ddn't feel real safe in the room either looked like they had several locks on the door but only one worked.

Room Tip: Drive on to another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori M
Tullahoma, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

This motel is older and the office does actually reek of nicotine, but our sleeping room was clean. The free continental breakfast was provided at the restaurant next door, with an option instead for a cooked to order breakfast at a discount, which we chose. That breakfast was fine and service friendly. The motel room had three beds (we asked for two beds) which did not serve a problem as there was plenty of room. Didn't use the pool, but it looked clean. There is a small playground provided by the motel, so we listened to kids yelling and it was at times noisy, but it was summer and good to see the kids having fun. This is not a luxury hotel but will do if you want to get some sleep before or after driving the Badlands. There was a laundry facility but we did not use. Internet was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank USAHwyTraveler
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We spent a night here on our way out to the Badlands. It was a mixed bag. The good: the rooms were large, well appointed, and clean. We had reserved two rooms for our group and were given rooms with communicating doors, which was nice. The restaurant next door (H&H),which is connected with the motel, was convenient and offered a good breakfast. Some of us also enjoyed our dinners, but one in our group ordered the french dip which was revolting. I had a bison burger, which was quite acceptable. On the not so good front: all of our mattresses had rubber covers. Some in our group didn't mind this, but I personally dislike rubber mattress covers, as I always feel damp and clammy sleeping on them. And the really bad thing was that there was absolutely no hot water when we got up at 6:30 a.m. The man at the front desk thought that maybe someone had left their tap on all night, draining the hot water reservoir. Perhaps something they had no control over -- but really, if I'm paying $100 per night for a room, I expect to be able to wash my hair without experiencing brain freeze.

Until we were faced with cold showers, I was fairly well disposed toward this place. I hope that the hot water is a one-time problem.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Asmaradana
Star Lake, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We were headed to a campsite in the Badlands when bad thunderstorms were forecast. We decided to forego the camping and look for a hotel room. We drove by this place twice and finally decided to give it a go. There is a strong cigarette smell in the lobby, but the lady at the desk was nice and the room was reasonably priced, and they let us take our dog in the room with us. The room was clean and big enough for a family of four plus dog. There was a full-size fridge in the lobby where we could store our cooler food over night. Kids enjoyed a swim and the pool was nice and clean. Got dinner at the diner next door; free breakfast next morning was not much (muffins, Danish, toast, juice, coffee) but you could buy breakfast too if you wanted. We were pleasantly surprised and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the pool side of the lobby, they seemed nicer than on the diner side.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank M J
Moberly, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Traveling on a motorcycle all day we were approaching a bad thunderstorm. We arrived at Rodeway because of necessity. We had not planned this destination. At first glance we thought the room was pretty nice for the price. We were hungry and left right away to have dinner next door. When we got back it had started to rain heavily. Within an hour we had returned to the room. My husband walked into the bathroom and turned on the light/fan. He almost fell in the bathroom. There was water "pouring", (not dripping) from the electric fan/light and the floor was flooded with water. We used the towels and waste can to catch the water. When I called the front desk the gentleman's only comment was "do you need more towels for the floor"! We were not given an option to use another room. We were so tired from traveling 600 miles that day we just depended on the wastecan to catch the water and went to sleep. The next morning there were waterbugs in the bathroom. I had felt something also is our bed. There were potato chip crumbs in our bed. No, we did not have a late night snack. They were left from previous visitors - our sheets were not clean sheets. Needless to say we left without a shower and were glad to be gone. What a disgusting place.

Room Tip: Do not even bother stopping in Kadoka. You'd be much better off driving to another city. If we...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gayle L
Millbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

We arrived at around 8:30pm during a thunder and hail storm. The lobby has a cigarette stench probably due to what I assume is the owner's residence.
We were assigned a king size room and schlepped all of our road trip stuff in only to find the room totally unmade. We were then moved next door to another room after I walked over in the rain to get the new key. (They did offer to have the manager bring it over after I asked but could not say when.)
While moving things next door we lost a memory chip the size of a dime. I went back in the rain to the office for the old room key again to search. I asked the older man, who I assume owns the place with his wife, if there was a chance at any compensation off of the room price. He said, "no ma'am" and that was that.
The room is adequate. That's all I will safe. The mattresses are old, but the bathroom appears fresh enough. I have not used it yet, since we're still trying to find our memory chip. Had we not had to move rooms I would be tucked in by now.
I hate that I see another review about an unmade rooms. That's the biggest part of the motel service! A clean room that customers can trust.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kadoka
Americas Best Value Inn
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground
Budget Host Sundowner
Budget Host Sundowner
#2 of 6 in Kadoka

Been to Rodeway Inn Kadoka? Share your experiences!