“Good night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kadoka
Jeannette, Pennsylvania
“Good night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The motel is a little dated, but clean and the bathroom was recently updated. The woman at the desk was friendly and assisted me with some items I needed and gave me direction to the town post office. And Kadoka is a picture postcard town. I'm glad I stayed here on my road trip.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CH1ONE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed there last summer and it was a huge room for the money and a nice restaurant to eat at. Everyone at the motel and restaurant were very friendly especially Scout the waitress. She was just so cute and helpful. We would love to go back as we were traveling the U.S. at that time. I would definitely recommend the place.
Mike and Linda

Room Tip: Rooms are very roomy and have a laundry room also a restaurant. Got everything you need right there.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda W
Elk River
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is Americana and I enjoyed siting outside my room thinking of the history. We stayed in the back part by the pool and kids swing. First the kids never say a swing set like that with the animals and they enjoyed it from 9 years old to 3 years old. The room had 3 beds for my family and it had plenty of room inside. This was a one night stay going to the Black hills and I would do it again. I say on the door it was a Best Western at one point. It would be interesting to see pictures of the play from the past. Get some and add them to the room. I would stay there again. The staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Have the family stay by the swing set and pool side which is opposite the restaurant side. This isn...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank avashock
Crystal Lake, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Our room was neat and clean. Older decorating, yes, but not dirty. The bath appeared to have been updated and the beds were fine for sleeping. It does not have the amenities of the usual chain motel. However, it fits the bill if you are crossing South Dakota to get somewhere else and need an overnight stay. We called directly to get a room rate and found the rate consistent with what other small motels off the Interstate charged. Check in / out was easy. The motel is well off the Interstate, making it very quiet. The onsite owner was helpful and suggested we see the nearby petrified forest museum, which turned out to be interesting. Though this property is part of Rodeway Inns, the impression one gets is that this place is a bit of americana travel before the franchises and corporate chains took over. I would stay at this place again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chapmro
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I really hate to leave bad reviews, however I just can’t help it, this MOTEL was terrible!! I would like to add that the room appeared to be clean when I first walked in, however the bathroom had a zillion flies! We had to keep the door closed and stuffed a towel under the door, so they wouldn’t consume us during the night!! The beds were comfy as one could expect from a smaller property, the grounds looked clean, the laundry room was clean and open- Parking was a bit odd, as the space right in front of my room was taken so I had to park a few doors down which I didn’t like, in case we were chased out by the flies, I wanted to make a quick getaway to my vehicle! The lady at the desk, was friendly, she seemed very nice, it was after 11pm when I arrived the check in process was efficient, I was shocked at the price which was $75.00 and way too much for this town and for this motel, however I was on a road trip back to CA from Mn and had to sleep, our room was on the end, room 118, I was afraid as I noticed that the window in my room and the next room were broken, the staff seemed to think that by covering the windows in (what appeared to be hard plastic cling wrap) was suitable, we were scared for our life (My daughters and I) because, anyone could have reached in and opened the window!! I had read reviews that the windows had been broken due to a hail storm a few weeks, back, but I thought this was interesting that only the part of the window that opened was broken, but whatever. We were told that there was a continental breakfast the next morning, but we just wanted to get away from the flies and get out of dodge so sadly we spent our money in the next town at McDonalds.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cyndieeylouwho
Norther Central PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had room 134 and I was not impressed. Our room had 2 double beds and 2 singles . The room was old and dated but it was clean, but that's about it as for as pleasing goes. There was no fridge or microwave. The carpet needed to be shampooed. The sheets on the twin beds would not stay on the beds and I kept waking up to fix them so my grandchildren weren't sleeping on dirty mattresses. The beds were soft and semi-comfortable. A continental breakfast was offered free at the restaurant next door, or you could get 15% off of a menu ordered breakfast. The elderly woman who oversaw the free continental breakfast area was a joy. Breakfast was toast, English muffins, frosted flakes, cheerios, bran and blueberry muffins, donuts, juice, coffee and tea. Because of the sheets coming off the beds, I probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ladymedonna
Fairbury, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I just could't wait to get out of this room. I expected more for the price. It seemed dirty with the old worn carpet. Don't let the outside of the motel fool you. I felt creepy crawlie all nite! I ddn't feel real safe in the room either looked like they had several locks on the door but only one worked.

Room Tip: Drive on to another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kadoka
Americas Best Value Inn
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground
Budget Host Sundowner
Budget Host Sundowner
#2 of 6 in Kadoka

Been to Rodeway Inn Kadoka? Share your experiences!