“I hope to go back there soon!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kyle
Lakota Prairie Ranch Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kyle
Reno, Nevada
“I hope to go back there soon!”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed in our RV and I didn't use any of the motel facilities, but we were impressed by the welcoming staff. I had a great conversation with the lady (maybe the Manager?) who registered us (as I had with any other resident on the reservation). Visiting Pine Ridge is a great learning experience, if you think of the Indians as fellow Americans and not museum exibits, and this resort is a good place to start.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Vincent D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hornell, New York
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I do not know how anyone could be dissatified by hospitality at this indispensable place on the reservation. Viny and Shannon and all the girls provide great, friendly service. The restaurant is also a wonderful setting. I enjoyed 3 weeks there immensely. Across the highway is Oglala Lakota College which is also a great asset for people on the reservation, destined to be a distinquished institution.

Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank drjohnohunter
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I mean it. Pine Ridge Reservation is a very poor place and this business initiative deserves to be supported. Moreover, it is in a beautiful and haunting area, pristine and rugged. It is also the closest place to Wounded Knee. I got what I expected, a place that is a bit worn, a bit rough, but genuine and honest, at honest prices. The lady at the front desk doubled as waitress both for dinner and breakfast. She seemed indefatigable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank fkolingen
New York City
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Ok, I say the only place to stay facetiously because it's indeed the only place to stay on the reservation that isn't too far out. ( there's also the Prairie Wind which I'm told is nicer, but more out of the way). I stayed in about 3 different rooms, they were decently clean, had hot water very nice cleaning ladies who were very accommodating, rates seemed go from 49 to 70 ish a night. The AC worked well in every room. Room 49 was especially nice because of a little balcony where you could sit out and look at the stars. The Prairie ranch restaurant is also the Only place to eat "out" I mean aside form Pizza hut and Subway, it's familial and the deep fried pickles are a MUST! Plus you'll see & meet a lot of very fun colorful local characters jus hanging out there. Rusty is the owner and he is SO nice!! His daughters are all lovely too! There is free wifi and it's a decent speed. I've stayed at much nicer hotels as you can see from my reviews in the past, but none have ever had perfect wifi like this one! When in Kyle, don't hesitate! Cheers!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ThePerfecti0nist
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 11 February 2011

The hotel was more than i expected it to be but was discouraged by non working shower and not very friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank roawhite
caledonia
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We were working on a local church and had this as our only option. We had a broken sleeper sofa and needed it based on the number in our group. Finally, late that evening the staff did change out the sofa sleeper after 4 phone calls and pleading to not having to put my kids on the floor to sleep. After a rough start and an exhausting day of work, it all worked out.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Indiana
Reviewed 13 February 2010

The first time we stayed we came upon it by accident . The staff was friendly and courteous, the food was excellent. The room was just what we needed. After several days on the road the bed felt like heaven. The room was clean and the towels were soft. There was a TV and a microwave and all the other things we had come to expect from the Best Westerns we had been staying in. The cost was compatable with the other places we stayed.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grannysprouts

Been to Lakota Prairie Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!