“Relaxing, Enjoyable, Loved it !”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Cheryl K
Roseville, California
“Relaxing, Enjoyable, Loved it !”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

This cabin is just wonderful. Very clean, very comfortable beds, and the area is beautiful.
The large moose we nick-named Wallie. Yes, because he is on the wall. TV in both upstairs and down stairs living rooms. My teenagers could watch what they wanted and my mother and I could enjoy something else. The Black Hills are amazing. I suggest the drive through Wind Cave National Park (just the park, not going to the cave), Custer State Park, and Needles. My boys loved it.
The cabin was the best part of our road trip. So relaxing, so enjoyable, and it felt like a real home. It was my first time renting a home, and I will do it again. Great experience.
Only two things were difficult for us...the spiral staircase (not easy for arthritic people, but there is another way outside the house), and the bathroom fan made a horrible noise that we just couldn't put up with. I did leave a note in the folder.
But both these would not bring the review down. These did not dampen our experience.
I had thought that one of the couches made into a bed, but we could not figure out how.
I read so many descriptions, I could have gotten confused.
But wonderful experience.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was homey.
Liked least: Was I suppose to get a security deposit return?
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
charles h
“A quaint little retreat”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We enjoyed 4 days at Mountain Pine Retreat. The cabin was clean and well-appointed. All of the essentials were in working order (ie., stove, grill, hot tub, hot showers, wireless internet, vacuum, washer and dryer). The location was convenient for driving to the local attractions (Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Bear Country, etc...). Terry Peak was ideal for jogging/walking on the hilly back roads and viewing all of the beautiful cabins. The three beds were large and comfortable. There were plenty of extra linens, blankets and bath towels. Previous guests have left behind a variety of kitchen and bath products. We did not actually see any agent from Deadwood Connections during our stay. There is a trust element built into the process of checking in and out of the cabin. That suited us just fine. We did stay in daily contact with our agent, Jonna, via email and cell phone. She was outstanding in assisting us with our every need. My brother, nephew and I all agree that we would recommend Mountain Pine Retreat to our friends and family.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was as advertised
Liked least: The weather was chillier than I expected but the cabin was great
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sioux Falls

Reviewed 13 October 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with teenagers
Tourists
Management Response
13 Oct 2011
Thanks for the feedback - it's great to hear you enjoyed the cabin and your stay with us! You were great renters and we'd love to have you back!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing