“Like being with family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lennox
Steever House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Lennox B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Steever family is warm and welcoming. Their home is beautiful and filled with interesting stories. John's breakfast is delicious and the Rose room is very comfortable. We will definitely stay again when we are in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judith M

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I live nearby, and we were looking for a local "getaway" to celebrate our anniversary and take a creative retreat. The Steever House fit the bill perfectly! The house is gorgeous both inside and out, exquisitely decorated with antiques and bright colors. My husband and I were both using computers for our work, and we had no trouble finding enough outlets or getting connected to the Internet. It's nice and quiet out in the country, and we especially liked working on the upstairs sun porch. Relaxing in the jacuzzi was a nice way to wrap up the end of each day, too!

Breakfast may have been the best part of every day -- although it was still hard to get out of bed on time because the bed in our room was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. But the food is absolutely phenomenal -- I never knew eggs could taste so good, and I especially loved the bread items (scones, muffins, pancakes, etc.) Unfortunately, we visited during a weekend that ended up being windy and rainy, but I hope to return in the future on a nice weekend so we can read in the cozy hammocks out front. I definitely recommend it for an experience that is more homey and unique than a traditional hotel could ever offer.

Room Tip: Different rooms have different amenities -- carefully review on the website to make sure you get the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lacey V
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This restored home is a treasure. It is a 10-mile drive outslde Sioux Falls, and well worth the trip. Sara & John Steever welcomed us to their home & were great about shuffling the breakfast menu for my spouse's "heartsmart" diet (that we had forgotten to warn them about!). It was early in the season, so we were able to see all of the guest rooms - each beautifully furnished to match the 1920 style of the home. We had a great sleep in mountains of pillows in the Yellow Room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 122Peta
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Steever House has been a favorite of my parents for years, so I was pleased to finally get a chance to stay there recently for a family reunion. The house is beautiful and is furnished in an elegant yet homey way. We occupied 3 rooms - I was in the Rose Room which was lovely and right next to the upstairs sun porch. My sister and her young daughter were in the Blue Room with its clawfoot tub bathroom - there was plenty of room for the two of them. My parents had the Attic Room, which is quite large and yet very cozy with its angled ceilings, sitting area, big Jacuzzi tub, large bathroom, and king size bed which my parents loved. We gathered there in the evenings and felt quite at home. All three rooms have private bathrooms. (The 4th room which we did not use also has a private bath, but it is down the hall and not connected to the room.) John and Sara are absolutely gracious and friendly hosts who entertained us with stories of the area and their home. John does an amazing job with breakfast -- 4 days and each was unique and so delicious! Very accommodating as well. Sunsets in the country were amazing! Enjoy your stay - you'll feel at home!

Room Tip: Attic room with king bed and large bathroom is by far the biggest and most interesting, but don'...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori B
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We chose Steever House because it was not in the city. It is a charming Victorian house with charming hosts, John and Sara. The house was moved from 70 miles away to land owned by John's family. The sunset and sunrise were spectacular as was the breakfast cooked by John.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NCswampmama
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed here while traveling for business. Liked the quaint old house and great tub. John is a gifted host. He is warm, gracious, and a good cook. He was helpful in giving directions and helped me feel at home in their house. I found the bed a little too hard but I'm a 35 on our select comfort at home. Great tub. Great host.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank bandy57
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My fiance and I were in the middle of a month-long cross country road trip when we stopped at the Steever House for a night. Unfortunately, we were late arriving and early to leave due to a full schedule, but John and Sara were most accomodating and extremely generous hosts. John woke up early to cook us a delicious breakfast and share some history of the amazing Victorian house. Beautifully renovated, quiet & peaceful surroundings, and pleasant company-- we only wish we had been able to extend our stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank architectsarah

Been to Steever House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!