“Good for Breakfast”

Second Street Diner
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I don't have anything bad to say about our breakfast visit, but I also don't have anything to "write home about." Service was friendly.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I had the hot meatloaf, wife had hot roast beef and kids had chicken strips. All food was hot and delicious. It was satisfying and filling, will be back again.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

This is THE go-to place for breakfast in Madison! Great food - and they have many gluten-free options, including GF bread. Everything is good, but my favorite is the omelettes. My family enjoys the cinnamon rolls and the french toast. This is a wonderful restaurant for everyone: I’m comfortable going by myself and having breakfast while reading the newspaper. My husband I go often during the week, and my family also goes on Sundays after church. They have the ability to accommodate large groups. The service is great - the waitresses are attentive and very nice.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We go every Sunday after church and can count on great service and food. They have a breakfast buffet. We stop often for a quick lunch as well!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

If you ever find yourself in Madison, So Dak, are hungry, and have a few bucks, stop by the Second Street Diner (which, oddly enough, you'll find on Washington Ave.!). The place has been redone and looks fantastic, esp. if you are into modern pastel decor. The bathroom is adequate but the food and service fantastic. It's a real diner, so breakfast is served all day and you have to pay your "ticket" (the bill for any non-Midwest readers) at the cashier. Bring an appetite.