“Day 3 of 2014 Vacation Mitchell SD”

Days Inn Mitchell SD
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Jackson, Tennessee
“Day 3 of 2014 Vacation Mitchell SD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was like a breath of fresh air after the Motel 6 in St. Joseph. Room was great, clean, and convenient. Right off the interstate had an indoor pool which the grandson loved. My husband took him to it because I have lung problems and thought the clorine would hurt my lungs. My husband was even impressed. Gas and eating places right across the road.

Room Tip: We always have to have a ground floor due to traveling with a dog and my health problems. Always wh...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My daughter thought the pool was nothing less than awesome. Our room and beds were clean and comfortable, looked to be recently updated, and we had regular sized pillows. I thought the room was pretty large considering the price. I called ahead to make sure we had a mini fridge because my medication is expensive and needs to be refrigerated. We really didn't hear a lot of noise on the second floor. I think I heard one person in the hall at night and a few doors closing in the morning. It wasn't anything that bothered us or would have woken us up if we had been asleep. This is when the hotel was completely booked, so I was expecting more noise. My parents had a room on the first floor right by the pool and front desk. The room was not humid from the pool and their room looked as updated as ours, but they were bothered by noise until the pool closed and kids in the nearby rooms finally fell asleep. They absolutely hated the tiny square pillows provided. I'm glad our room did not have them. My only complaint is that the rooms were very dark. Our walls were brown and the sparse lighting was not enough to read by even with the drapes opened. Putting on makeup was also a bit of a challenge.

This hotel sold out early. I booked in November for a mid-June stay and I noticed that it did not have rooms available for my stay when I wanted to re-check rates in May. Three different groups were turned away in the short time I was near the front desk, so this must be one of the popular hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor if you do not have kids. There are stairs, but it is quieter.
Olathe, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Alright as you can tell by the title of my review, is that I didn't enjoy this hotel. This is what I'm going to say. This hotel does have its tiny perks, but overall it's not that spectacular. There is a nice little waterpark that is in the hotel that has a waterside and that stuff. But if your room is in the area of the pool, expect to be uncomfortable. The pool isn't locked into its own area in the hotel, so the rooms within the area do get hot and especially humid due to the pool. It does get loud on occasion. The rooms are really terrible tho. I can tell that it hasn't been updated in a long time. I stayed at the tail end of June last year (2013) so I can't confirm that it has been updated. Sleeping was really terrible and it did get really toasty at night. Every time I would want to be cool and turn on the A/C it would turn off all of a sudden when I would get comfortable. The bathroom was ok. Not to amazing... The breakfast was the normal hotel breakfast that is free with juice, milk and waffles and that stuff. So overall this hotel needs to get a face lift. Update the waterpark, lobby, and especially the rooms. I was traveling with family when I stayed here and we had a family vote on where to say. But of course my grandparents are those penny pinchers and they decide on everything. There is better hotels with in the area. So look around the area for a better hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the waterpark area. It gets humid and uncomfortable at times.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Very clean and spacious rooms. A lot of restaurants within one mile of hotel. The indoor waterpark is excellent for the kids. The split bathroom worked well for our group getting ready. Economical rates too. The beds are amazing and pillow top.

Stayed June 2014
Waterloo, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed in several hotels in SD and this was the best. The water park was small but a lot of fun and well beyond the normal expectation for cost and brand. They run the water features at night but a nice employee who was testing the pool water in the morning turned on the small pool features for my son. The rooms could've been a bit more thoroughly cleaned, with crumbs and the like between the beds and furniture in hard to reach spots, and the linens were older, but overall the place was clean, the basic breakfast setup was solid, with hot and cold options, the coffee was good, and the staff was friendly and efficient. It was nice to finally have access to an HDTV with a more complete channel offering, but the way it was directly plugged in to the TV meant it was still a standard definition signal for most stations. Great value for the money.

Room Tip: The further away from the pool you are, the less noisy foot traffic you will have to hear. Conversel...