“The worse hotel in all my 60 years”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The worse hotel in all my 60 years”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I wrote the company asking for my $81 back. Arrived to learn the room had just been painted and non other was available and if i canceled would be charged anyway because it was after 4. Room was filthy smelled of paint It was 93 outside so opening window it was too hot. microwave dirty and could not reach outlet therefore did not work but again too dirty to use. Blanket looked like a DOG blanket so thin old and dirty We did not sleep all night The lobby was filled with long term/ homeless looking individual In the morning the food given out looked to be their only meal We could not see eating anything in this envirnoment. this hotel gives Choice Hotels a POOR name so BEWARE! sleep in your car

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank stock7606

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Logan, UT
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I am a storm adjuster for the hail storm that just hit Mitchell. Thank goodness one just hit Colorado, cause I am now on my way to there. My one week in hell has come to an end. I don't even know how anyone can feel safe putting there feet on the floors here. The walls are stained with who knows what. You literally can see splooge or whatever it is dried up running down the walls. I can assure you that nobody really even cleans this place. The staff is rude and disrespectful. I don't know how to explain the misery of being stuck in this place. I honestly don't expect that much for the price being paid, but I do expect the comforters, sheets, walls, bathroom, and surrounding to be cleaned and free of mold and mildew. Clearly this place doesn't see that as necessary. I also don't see why there is an internet available in the front. Its not like its there for the customers. The management has a daughter that spends the entire day on it with clearly nothing better to do. Just do yourself a favor and go to another hotel. You will not regret the extra 5 or 10 dollars. i would never in a million years subject MY wife or children to this diseased infested rat hole!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Clearwater S

Travellers are raving about these Mitchell hotels

Georgia
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I know its a budget hotel, but if you see my other reviews you know my standards are not all that high! Towel bars broken, missing lights, splattered paint. A lack of attention to the details that make even a budget hotel enjoyable. Had a basement room that was too dirty, not enough light and noisy. The breakfast itself was fine, but in a cramped basement room that did not give any ambiance at all. Computers down and so they couldn't find my reservation. wireless never worked. Staff was friendly, no complaints there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ampanmangal
Cedarburg
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Beware of the prepaid, non cancellable rates that they offer - once they have your money - you are stuck. The building is falling apart - inside and out. We think that there was either mushrooms growing in the cracks in the ceiling or the insulation was falling down over the beds in our room. There are no elevators- and you must go up or down the steps to get to a room. This is not possible if you have disabilities. The room was clean but the rest of the hotel was messy. The toilet was "kid size". The "continental breakfast" consisted of orange juice, cold cereal, toast and coffee - no fruit, no yogurt - as the front desk clerk put - fruit is too expensive.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SteveSallyK
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We arrived late at night with 3 young children- the room was in the basement, smelled musty and was very damp, so we turned on the a/c to try to dry it out (there was no heat control). The kids were tucked in and I noticed mold on the ceiling above the a/c unit- we figured we'd just sleep a few hours and get going, though concerned about being in a moldy environment.

It was miserable being damp and cold all night, so no one slept well.

In the morning we discovered "the floor moving" in the bathroom as black fleas were all over. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling and on the shower curtain. At this point we got the kids dressed in bed (checking the bed for bugs, we didn't find any) and left.

We let management know, and they took $20 off the bill- they should not have charged anything!!!

We skipped the continental breakfast and headed to Perkins to eat where we could feel clean.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank RedRover45
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed 21 August 2010

.this was the filthiest motel ive ever seen. the first room they gave us the toilet wouldnt flush and we had to stand there holding the handle down thru 3 flushes.the wall had a huge black stain on it with water coming in. there were flys buzzing around the room.went to the front desk complained and they gave us a new room. everything appeared to be fine until we went to go to sleep and pulled back the blanket and comforter, the sheets were filthy with hairs and who knows what else,..went back down to the office and they tried to put us in another room and we said absolutely not. we were given a cancellation number after making sure that they werent going to try and charge us for the room.after being assured we werent . we went right next store and got a room at motel6.when we got home and went to our cc cards website, they had charged us for the room.i called the motel and they claimed it was corporate who was charging us, i told them i was calling the corporate number.called the 800 number and was informed that each hotel does their own billing.while on the phone i was asked what date the charge had been put in for and lo and behold the charge was all of a sudden gone!! so had i not checked my statement i wouldnt have known i had been charged, so they only removed it when i "found out". i dont know what kind of scam they are pulling but be aware of it..

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank nancyk5154
Chicago
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I guess you get what you pay for. Not a good night sleep which is the main criteria for any hotel. You get what you pay for. Night staff was very nice. The walls were thin so I heard the comedy show someone was watching at 3am. We normally stay at nicer hotels, kind of disappointed by a choice hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple