“Only stay here for the price”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
“Only stay here for the price”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Pros: the bed was comfortable and the desk clerk was friendly. Cons: the room smelled like kitty litter (not cat urine or feces, the clay smell of kitty litter). The refrigerator appeared to be working when I put my items in it, there was frost in the freezer compartment, but the next morning the refrigerator interior was room temperature and there was a puddle of water in the bottom from the freezer frost melting. I had to throw away the perishables. TV was a tube TV and the remote only worked occasionally. The security door to access from the parking lot was warped and would not close completely, so therefore, didn't lock. The air conditioning unit in the stairwell looked like someone had just taken a sawsall and cut a hole in the wall & shoved the unit in. The desk clerk stated that he had given us a "really nice room", I'd hate to see the rest. The carpet was dirty, sheets were so thin you could see through them. It appeared that the motel was used for long-term stays and some of the guests were kind of sketching looking. I wouldn't let my 16 year old granddaughter leave the room without me. Vending machines were not functioning. Breakfast was advertised both on-line and on the card in the room but there was no breakfast available in the morning. Wifi connection was terrible, so slow that I gave up and used my data on my phone. I had planned to make a reservation here for my husband & his father who were traveling 1 week behind me but after my experience, I made them reservations at the Motel 6 behind the Econolodge.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Exeter, New Hampshire
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Horrible, dirty place with broken everything; pavement, laundry room, vending machine, etc. TWO rooms were dirty and one even had brown streaks on the wall with hair stuck on it! Clerks are nice, but the carpets are filthy, the coffee pot area on the table was stained and it was NOT a pleasant experience. The area's nice and the Corn Palace is two exits away, so it has potential but only with significantly different management and major repairs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike H, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. It is truly our goal to impress each guest with our service, hospitality, and continuing improvements to our rooms, parking, and policies. Thank you for taking the time to share this review.

Travellers are raving about these Mitchell hotels

Reviewed 10 July 2014

When we got our rooms everything was fine until we pulled back the blankets and found a dirty rag. Then they moved us across the hall and the toilet had left overs. From our experience I would not recommend it the old guy at the front desk probably doesn't even get anyone to clean the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask to have them clean the room first
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mike H, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
We are deeply distressed to discover the lapse in service you experienced during your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced with housekeeping issues. It's our primary goal to ensure that you receive the best lodging experience and we wish to let you know that your voice is extremely important to us. We want you to feel at home, welcomed and safe within a clean environment. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and to bring these matters to our attention.
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night it was nasty. The beds were filthy the carpet was sticky and it smelled bad. I would not have stayed here for free. When I woke up in the morning i couldn't breathe,probably just mold and bacteria. Learn from my mistake

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
tom tohini t, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear ,

Manager
Econo Lodge
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

...second night on our journey moving with a dog. Econo Lodge in Mitchell was almost exactly the same as Econo Lodge in Des Moines. The room was comfortable, the desk staff helpful at recommending restaurants in the area. The bed was fine, there was a refrigerator in the room for soda and beer. Needed the air conditioner, it was really hot out, and it worked well. No charge for the dog here, unless I missed it, so $75 for the room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Bellaire, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were travelling in the area and needed to find a hotel for the night. I searched the internet and found that if we stayed a couple hours from Sioux Falls, SD we would get much better prices. In my search we came across Econo Lodge so I booked through an agency. We had a clean room with good accommodations for a decent price. We left before breakfast so I cannot say how the breakfast was but I can say that when we booked the room they adjusted the price accordingly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed 1 night and I'm not sure I could have made it. The room was clean but needed a paint job real bad. The bed wasn't very comfortable, and the breakfast was very basic. For the price, I was dispointing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple