“Feel like a friend visiting town, not just another hotel guest”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mitchell
Flavia's Place Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Mitchell B&B and Inns
I-90 in Montana
“Feel like a friend visiting town, not just another hotel guest”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

We stayed at Flavia's during our roadtrip to Seattle and California. Lelia (the host) is an insightful, friendly and warm host. I've read the good reviews prior to contacting her for reservations and was not disappointed. She really knows how to make you feel at home as well as how to find something in common with everyone she meets. We really enjoyed trying some of the local sweet wines which she kindly shared with us on our night of arrival. The breakfast was amazing. We were sad to leave, but very glad we met Lelia because she truly did give us a great start for our road trip.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boonville, MO
Reviewed 21 October 2009

I stayed at Flavia's for the 5th Annual Indigo and Natural dye workshop with Jay Rich, an artists workshop which the owner Lelia Guilbert was hosting September 24 -27, 2009. Lelia's warm smile made me feel so welcome as well as I entered the sunny yellow living room. Her decor of nativity creches from all over the world is fascinating. I stayed in the green room which featured a lovely white ceramic Christmas tree with red lights that served as a great night light. The full size bed I stayed in was comfortable and cozy. My roommate slept in one of the two single beds also in the room that appeared just as comfortable and cozy. The upstairs which is where the rooms are located features a shared bathroom delightfully decorated with hand painted Christmas woodland scenes, and a lovely sitting area with a delightful collection of books to read. Lelia has a wonderful ability to adapt her menu plan to fit a variety of special dietary needs and preferences with great ease. The breakfasts we enjoyed featured home-style cooking and included fresh fruit. They reminded me of the European Breakfasts we enjoyed in Belgium. Lelia was very knowledgeable about the area's tourist attractions. Flavia's is within walking distance of Mitchell's downtown and famous Corn Palace. If you are going to be in Mitchell, you must see the Corn Palace, it is incredible to behold and amazing that the people of the town have continued this marvelous tradition for over 100 years! Flavia's Bed and Breakfast truly is the town's treasure. I will be back and I am bringing my husband the next time. I will recommend Flavia's as the place to stay to any friends and family that are traveling in or through the Mitchell area.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank IndigoMoonPeople
indy
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We stayed at Flavia's B&B for only a night but it was a wonderful stay. Lelia (the hostess) is warm and welcoming. From the moment she answered the door we felt like we were among friends and family. Flavia's (the name comes from a previous owner) has 4 large bedrooms. Three of the rooms share a bath. The fourth (the one we stayed in) had a private bath with the original claw-foot tub (it had been fitted with a shower so could be used either way). The bedroom was large with elegant and tasteful furniture. It definitely felt more like staying with a relative than in a cookie cutter hotel.

Lelia is an artist and her house show's it. Each room has a different theme and the entire house is filled with art. We were fortunate enough to visit during a square dancing festival and so had a lively breakfast with 6 other guests. We even stopped in on the square dancing festival and watched for a bit that evening. Lelia caters breakfast to the guest and we had a wonderful custom made fritata with fresh baked from scratch biscuits, sausages and fresh fruit salad. Lelia is well traveled with a zest for life and is fun and easy to talk with. We ended up staying much later in the morning than we had planned. If we hadn't had a long journey facing us we would have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tradIndy
Michigan
Reviewed 14 September 2008

Flavia's Place is a great B&B located in Mitchell, SD. My wife and I recently did a 2-week road trip from Michigan to Yellowstone National Park and back and stayed at B&B's as often as we could. It was tough to find one in Mitchell, SD (home of the world famous corn palace) but after many attempts found Flavia's. I cannot begin to explain how welcome and comfortable we felt at this B&B.

The owner (not named Flavia) welcomed us graciously into her home of which the second floor is the B&B. The owner is a local artist (specializing in fabric dying) and is one of the most interesting people to talk with. The breakfast she made was fabulous. We happened to be visiting during the South Dakota State Fair at which she is the Artist in Residence, so needless to say she was very busy at the time of our visit. However, she worked around our schedule and was able to provide us with a great experience.

I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking for a relaxing stop in Mitchell and who enjoys the company of a great host.

• Liked — Personal touch, breakfast
  • Disliked — We only had one night to spend there.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)