“Nice one night stay”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Wisconsin
“Nice one night stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the first night of vacation. I found the hotel clean and comfortable, but pricey for what you get. We found that most hotels in Mitchell are over priced. I was grossed out by the ugly yellow/brown covering on the bed, but quickly removed it, covered the blanket with a clean sheet, and after that we were good to go. My only complaint/concern would be in regard to the front desk clerk who checked us in. We were greeted promptly when we approached the desk. I stated our name and that we were checking in. I was asked to wait a moment while the clerk finished setting up "a few" key cards. We stood there and waited what seemed to me to be quite a long time while the clerk keyed and placed in folders well over twenty sets of room keys. We were the only people in the lobby, she could have checked us in first. Since the hotel had been remodeled but still looked a bit old and run down on the outside, I asked if we could see our room before checking in. The front desk clerk was quite taken a back by this and kept stating to me "our rooms are clean..our rooms are clean" all the way down the hall, while in the room, and back. I explained to her that I was sure they were clean, I'm just kind of a clean freak. I also found the clerk to be quite rude when we had a brief conversation about the last time we stayed in Mitchell and a tornado had passed near the area and about being in the area during a terrible night of storms several years back that I believe is referred to as "June 24th - Super Tuesday". She actually questioned us about the truth of what we were saying because she had "never heard of any bad night of storms or any tornado coming anywhere near Mitchell and she had lived there a long time"...fine disagree with me, but don't be rude about it. I was also rather disgusted when we were unloading some items and since the hotel doesn't have an automatic door, we struggled a bit to get the door open and dropped a few things. Instead of helping or maybe coming to open the door for us, she stood there laughing at us. As I have stated in previous reviews, I have an issue with hotel blankets and comforters. I deal with this by getting a clean top sheet from the front desk, removing the offending comforter, and placing the clean sheet over the blanket. Then I feel comfortable sitting and relaxing on the bed. When we went down to get the clean sheets from the front desk we were rudely questioned about why we do that, how she had never heard of such a thing and I believe the word "odd" was used. Disregard the rude clerk and the highly priced room and this is a nice hotel to stay at in Mitchell.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
LanaHart, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mitchell, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Taking good care of folks is what we do best. No matter how complicated life gets, we stand by the Golden Rule of treating people as we’d like to be treated. But we also know mistakes happen, and from what you have told me, this was a case when we did not live up to our Customer Service Sandards, and I must apologize for my staff. In reserching your stay, the gal that had checked you in had already given me her two week notice and was not fulfilling her Customer Service duties!
I have sent you a free night stay coupon, in the hopes that you will stay with us again in the future so we can show you that our Customer Service is oustanding, and that what you experinced was not up to our standards. Thank You for taking the time to inform me of the disservice that you experience , and I do hope that you will stay with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 3 July 2013

If you are driving through South Dakota and are looking for a place to stay this is it. It is right of the interstate and close to a lot of options for dining. The rooms appear to be recently updated, the pool area also looks new and the people are very friendly. You can’t go wrong with the free breakfast. (Waffles, eggs, sausage, doughnuts, cereal, and juices) they seems to have it all. The beds are very comfortable and the air units are not real noisy. The only thing that I would say they could improve on is the hot tub needs a little more power in its jets and the Wi-Fi was a bit spotty but these are real minor things in my opinion. If you are going to be in Mitchell and are looking for a place to stay give it a try.

California
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed one night on a road trip. This was an excellent value. Hotel is right in town, convenient to gas, food and other shopping, a short drive to the Corn Palace. Very nice lobby area with a fireplace with comfortable couches for relaxing and the breakfast area is adjoining. Staff was very pleasant and professional. They have a luggage trolley/cart for carrying in your luggage if you need it.

It is a two story building with all rooms being accessed through the lobby doors. Second floor via the stairway. I stayed on the lower level and heard no noise from above or beside me. There is no street noise. I could hear a little noise from the hallway. When someone would enter a nearby room, I could hear their door closing. Rooms are a comfortable size with a desk with two chairs and flat screen tv, microwave and refrigerator. The rooms are in very good condition as well with good carpet and no odors.

My only complaint about the room is that the bathroom sink area is very small, difficult for two people to use. The shower/toilet area is small as well.

Breakfast was excellent, with sausage and cheese omelets, hard boiled eggs, waffles, yogurt, pastries and bagels and toast. Breakfast starts at 6 and I went shortly before 7. There was plenty still out. Not sure if they replenish so be aware.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
LanaHart, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mitchell, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Than You so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Americinn Logde and Suites of Mitchell, SD. Our top priority is to create an enviroment in which our guests can relax, renew, and recharge. It is our wish that you will continue to benfit for the AmericInn's excellent accomodations, exceptional guest service, and that you will honor us with another opportunity to exceed your expecations! We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Since my wife and I were traveling with our 8-year old son, we decided to spring for the two room suite with king bed. The bedroom with the king bed has a whirlpool, small refrigerator/freezer, microwave, and television. The separate sitting room has a sofabed, chair, desk, and television. The room was sparsely decorated, but very clean. The mattress was firm, but comfortable.

The hotel has a pool, hot tub, and dry sauna which were nice and clean, as well.

Complementary breakfast is provided. There is a waffle iron, hot scrambled eggs, hot sausage and ham, as well as a nice selection of baked goods (dougnuts, muffins, bagels), cereals (fruit loops, raisin bran, and cheerios), yogurt, fruit, milk, apple and orange juice, and coffee. The in-room coffee is nothing to write home about, but the coffee provided with breakfast is nice and strong.

We stayed here two nights, on June 13th and on June 16th (on the way to and back from our visit to Mt. Rushmore). Both times, check-in and check-out were fast. The front desk was friendly. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
LanaHart, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mitchell, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
On behalf of the staff and management of the AmericInn Lodge and Suites of Mitchell, SD we would like to thank you for the great review of the AmericInn facility. We hope to see you and your famliy back at the Americinn of Mitchell, SD again in the near future.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed here on our way to the Black Hills. The front desk lady was very nice and friendly. We had a very restful sleep, and a good breakfast in the morning. The pool was mostly empty and was relaxing. Overall a good place to stay. I do think the prices I was finding at first were overpriced--110 and over but I was finally able to find a good deal that dropped the price down. Overall a nice place to stay.

Saint Clairsville, Ohio
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I liked this place. It was clean! Staff were helpful. No loud heater/fan to keep me up all night. Would stay here again and am bummed that on my way back to the cities I cannot stay because it's booked.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I've always liked Americinns, so I tried this one and was pleased. The price is good for the a decent hotel in Mitchell, plus its close to Kmart, Cabelas, food, etc. Clean rooms, comfy beds and a heater that wasn't overly noisy. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
LanaHart, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mitchell, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the AmericInn of Mitchell. We appreciate your kind comments. We strive to make each and every stay enjoyable and relaxing, and look forward to your next stay!