“The worst place in Mitchell” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Famil-E-Fun Campground

Famil-E-Fun Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mitchell
Famil-E-Fun Campground
Worthing
“The worst place in Mitchell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

The owners are old and very rude and the place was run down don't stop keep going the owner does not like kids or dogs and was hard to get along with they need to retire and give to people person the camp ground needs to be updated for it looks and is as old as the owners like I said keep going down the road their is wall mart parking 5 miles east

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank 5mileseast

Business
Washburn, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stopped at this RV park because it was just off the highway when it got near dark. The park is clean and the spaces are large enough. However, the staff was not very helpful. Also, WIFI and cable TV is almost nonexistent.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

we arrived on a sunday and were staying a week, because of the site seeing. the owner and his wife were rude as there were a number of us using 2 sleeping facilities. it seemed like every day we were breaking some rule. we are campers and if the rules had been stated we would not have broken them. one of our children was called a damn devil child because they happened to come out of the pool and got water on the floor of one of the facilities. if you are staying for one night and do not have to interact with the owners consider yourself lucky. i would not recommend this location if you are with your family and enjoy camping. i felt like we invaded their space everytime we did something and that included making purchases from their store. they need to treat their customers with a little courtesy and not like we the customer are an inconvenience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank rose l

Travellers are raving about these Mitchell hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We came in after midnight and set up our tent. We were very quiet and spaced ourselves from other campers. In the morning we went to use the restrooms, swim, and pay for our campsite. One of the owners, an older lady, yelled at my girlfriend for using the restroom, which was apparently closed, but there was no sign saying that. She then told her the pool was closed and when my girlfriend asked why she rudely replied because her husband had to shock it. When my girlfriend asked when he would do that, she even more rudely replied, “I have no idea”. The owner then came around front and yelled at me that the pool was closed. There were no signs indicating the hours of the pool other than that it would close at 10 pm. I sat there with my one year old daughter, baffled as to why the woman was so upset. I said we could just climb the little 3 foot fence to get into the pool; I thought it just had to be unlocked and she didn't have the key. She then told me she would call the cops if I did that. Remember, I'm the customer just inquiring about how to use services. I then told her we had to pay for our campground. She asked if we were the people that came in late and I said yes, and she shook her head and muttered something. If you don't want late arrivals, make a rule about it! We then went into the office and she again yelled at my girlfriend that the restroom and pool were closed. My girlfriend said that with the way she was treating us, we didn't feel like paying. She said, “we have chores to do” and "fine, you're free to go" and told my girlfriend that she "didn't know how old she was but that she wasn't acting her age" and that, "this is my place not yours!" How many business owners yell that at a customer? Isn't that the point of a business? To make your customers feel at home? Unbelievable. So we left. Never give your money to this woman or this campsite. Drive an extra hour to Chamberlain and camp at Al’s Oasis. They are much friendlier there and actually care about customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Scott K
Little Elm, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We spent the night in Mitchell and this campground fit the bill for our tent site. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The facilities were clean and the restrooms were nice. The campground features a number of activities for the kids and the price for the tent site (< $20) was phominal. The items keeping this from receiving a full 5 star review are the tent sites are more like small RV sites that double as tent sites so they were not ideal for camping but they were not bad either. Again for the price it was great. The other item is our particular electrical box had a wasp nest inside. I understand it is camping, outside and thus insects but a little maintenance to ensure harmful pests are not problematic. Many people have severe allergies to bee and wasp stings and this could have been a problem. Overall great campground, great prices and wonderful staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mitchell
Smart Choice Inn
Hampton Inn Mitchell
#1 of 18 in Mitchell
Thunderbird Lodge Mitchell
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mitchell

Been to Famil-E-Fun Campground? Share your experiences!