“Extremely poor customer relations”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Ohio
“Extremely poor customer relations”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I travel about 35 weeks a year and frequently require a late check out, especially if the check out is at 11 am. After asking for an additional 60 minutes I was told the head of housekeeping could not allow that. They had a large group that had been checking in since 9 am and that I needed to vacate the room. I find it unacceptable that they were checking people in 5 or 6 hours early and I could not be afforded an additional hour. I have never been denied a late check out at even some of the most prestigious hotels. I believe this demonstrates a total lack of caring for customers whose money they already have. There are plenty of other lodging choices in Mitchell, I would avoid this comfort inn.
The water park is really just a big slide in the swimming pool area, not a real "water park" by any definition of the word.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank digger-ace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed 14 September 2013

If you need to see your face in the mirror for any reason at any time, you can't do it here. The vanity lighting is very dim. The air conditioner is noisy and the room needs refurbishing. The breakfast was good but the hotel is still OVERPRICED!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rapid City, SD
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The front desk staff was awesome accommodating our needs. We arrived after a long day on the road and the kids were itching to burn off some energy. The pool, pirate ship slide, and large slide were a hit. Breakfast in the morning was full continental - very good. Definitely would recommend to other travelers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Omaha, Arkansas
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We decided to stay here for one night, then went to 2 different hotels in mitchell for the 3 nights we were staying. Nothing horribly wrong with the place but we just like staying at different places. Out of the 3 we stayed this was my least favorite. The girl at the front desk I would call her by name but she had no name tag on, and when I asked for her name she said "WHY"? She seemed to have a bad day, or just stressed, she did say something about being under staffed, her phone rang, HER PERSONAL PHONE and she answered it, pushed us to wait... My first complaint is the water slide! I figured they would have a water slide with either a separate pool for people that actually want to swim for exercise. It was fine before 5 because the water slide wasn't open but after 5 good luck trying to swim! The "lifeguard" on duty was too busy talking to people then actually watching the kids in the pool. ALSO my next complaint is in the "water park" for the younger kids they have 2 black cannon shooter things that are supposed to shoot water out but for young kids they cannot lift it, but my daughter lifted it and it almost fell busting her in the jaw! She came so close to it twice I made her stop playing with it, i am actually surprised that no kid has busted their jaw or nose from that! its very heavy and swings, OUCH! That would be a mega lawsuit just saying... I thought the pool was supposed to be heated, it was FREEZING and the hot tub felt colder then the pool, my husband Todd asked the life guard she said she would turn the temp. up but she said it would take hours for it too heat up.. What a bummer, other then that breakfast was good, loved the french toast, wifi could improve! Also they have 2 computers and both were occupied for hours which kinda blew since I just wanted to check my email and didnt bring my laptop! Rooms were clean, that was a plus! Oh well, overall I dont think I would stay there again, I think I will go else where when we return to Mitchell in November.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the elevator and vending machines as possible!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 15 August 2013

First of all, the water slide does not open until 5PM. The teenager assigned as the "guard" (that's what her shirt said) could not have paid LESS attention to the slide once she did finally open it. I have worked as an actual lifeguard and I really hope she is not a certified guard since her back was frequently turned towards the "action" in the slide and landing area. The water park also has a very nice area for kids under 6 or so, the toddlers there were loving it!

The rest was typical Comfort Inn. WiFi worked well for us, breakfast was good and restocked, and service was efficient while not exactly friendly. Rooms were clean, no complaints there.

Other than the slide situation there is nothing memorable about this place, good or bad.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We recently drove to Alaska and stayed at this motel going and coming. It was clean, updated and the staff were friendly. Breakfast had the usual choices, but it was fresh and fully stocked. Even though there is a waterpark, we didn't hear noise from it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 3 August 2013

For being a choice hotel they are not very GREAT AT ALL! We ended up staying only one night and were supposed to have a reservation for a week, I was not impressed at this hotel at all! Our room was terribly loud due to the vending machines right next door, plus there was a baby crying all night and we could hear it, staff did NOTHING to solve our problem, they were extremely rude!

Room Tip: Dont get a room by the vending machines! All we heard was clink clink clink all night!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple