“Holiday travel”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Florence, MT
“Holiday travel”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We pulled into the hotel after a long drive and the hotel desk clerk was very nice. The only bad thing was that the hotel was having a party and the pool was occupied so our son could not go swimming that night. The rooms were average for the most part. The one chair in the room had a torn arm. But over all an okay place to crash for the night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MichelleandBob99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 3 December 2013

we were on our way back home from MN and stayed on purpose at a hotel with a hot tub and pool. the best part is that they both were open until 11 pm which was nice as most close too early. We had very comfortable beds and the girls liked the cleanliness and updated look. In the am we were to breakfast about 8:45 and they are supposed to close it at 9:00. the manager went to the store and bought a few things they had run out of and kept the breakfast room open later for us. Outstanding service.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jim H
Whitesboro, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had a pleasant stay while passing through and visiting the attractions in town. The hot tube was very soothing for my spouse and the full breakfast was enjoyable. The hotel was centrally located to many restraurants and gas statons.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jgemza
Pine Haven, Wyoming
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed in the Quality Inn Mitchell, SD October 7, 2013. The check in lady was very nice, on my room receipt she stamped the hours for the pool and breakfast and wi-fi password. Wish more places would make it that easy. Checkout guy was more worried about telling the cleaning ladies my room was ready to clean then thank me. The room itself while obviously an older motel was clean and everything worked fine. Well maintained. I had 2 queen beds in my room, one was too soft the other perfect. There was plenty of seating, a desk work area and plug ins everywhere. As many of us know it is sometimes difficult to find a place to plug in laptop and cell phone. This room had extra plug ins in the lamps, had 4 way plug ins by the nightstands, which had lamps with plug ins, 4 ways by the desk. Also had a frig and microwave, makeup area outside of the bathroom, and a good long counter in the bathroom. Room was very quiet. I did not hear any of the traffic noise nor did I hear anything from my neighbors, running water, flushing toilets, fans or any of that.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank MRSLUNKER
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We had tried to stay in Sioux Falls, but all hotels were booked, so we kept driving to Mitchell. We arrived late at night. The hotel was inexpensive, the room was clean (I was a bit concerned on the way to our room, as the leather chair on the landing has huge tears in the material), it was fine for one night's rest. The next morning, we drove 5 minutes and were at the Corn Palace.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank h b
Omaha, Arkansas
Reviewed 28 August 2013

When I arrived I was greeted by a woman name Summer, she already had everything printed off and ready to go, all I had to do was sign and go! Talk about speedy! She explained breakfast, wifi, pool hours, etc then showed me to my room. Most hotels give you keys and say enjoy your stay, she took the time to show us the room, turn the air on, which it was so hot and humid the AC worked perfect! Reading these other reviews some people you cant please them all I wasn't going to stay but I ended up giving them a chance and I was very impressed and will be returning in November! Hopefully the same staff are there because in the morning when we had breakfast I talked to the manager and he was very polite and very helpful! Breakfast consist of biscuits and gravy, waffles etc.. There was a variety on what to eat, pretty decent for a continental breakfast, the doughnuts was something that we haven't seen many other hotels have, that was a big plus! My daughter is a doughnut fanatic!
The room was very clean, t.v. was better then advertised, they are flat screens, rooms smelled fresh, very clean we had NO FLIES! Cant please everyone, pool was amazing! Didn't realize it was heated that's a step up from the comfort inn in Mitchell! Hot tub was very hot! We had no problem washing and drying our clothes, only suggestion I would have to that would be pay at the machine not at the front desk, they could lose money from trusting people to come up and pay, but other then that I would give the hotel 100 stars! Very clean, friendly, and the hotel for being a few years old felt very homey. My husband, 3 children and I will be returning very soon! Would recommend staying here any day to anyone! great price! great room! 100% satisfied!!!

Room Tip: We were in room 134, the room was very spacious!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Shirley R
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed here on a road trip at the end of August. I made my reservation online and used my usual discount to book a single king size bed. We arrived, checked in and then were told the room was on the second floor and there was no elevator. I just had knee surgery and my wife had a butt load of luggage so we asked for something on the first floor and was told they had no king rooms on the first, we'd have to take two queens. Not a deal breaker so we agreed and the girl at the desk, who was very friendly, said the bill would get show the correction when we checked out. The next morning the bill still reflected the king size bed and since the manager was working the counter I asked if he could correct my bill. I have never encountered a more argumentative manager at a hotel. He was very rude with me and continued to tell me that I did not know what I was talking about and that they did not honor the prices on the Choice hotel reservation site. He stated we would pay the same amount regardless what room we chose. Even after explaining to him that it was due to his hotel not being handicap capable that made us switch rooms he still argued that he didn't care. After some time he finally agreed to split the difference between what he was charging and what should have been charged. I was very disappointed with this experience and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
If anyone does decide to stay here remember if you are looking for a king size bed they are on the second floor and there are no elevators.

• Stayed August 2013

Travellers are raving about these Mitchell hotels