“Ok Stay”
Review of Super 8 Mitchell

Super 8 Mitchell
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Upon first approaching this Super 8 I was worried that maybe we were making a mistake staying here. I thought we'd give it a chance though. Check in was easy, although the clerk seemed more concerned about the possible storm coming (as she had just paid it off and didn't want any hail damage) than she was with informing me about the hotels amenities. The pool area was ok. I didn't like that the hot tub and pool were not in the same room. That made it difficult for me as I have two kids under 12 and the pool rules state they must be supervised (Even though many don't I generally try to fall the posted rules).

Breakfast was a little disappointing. I figured there would be some type of fruit, but no luck. Just traditional waffle makers, dry cereal and toast.

Overall our stay wasn't horrible and the hotel was clean, but I will probably stay elsewhere on our trip home.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Beccajean17

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Room smelled like fish. Dead bugs in the indoor pool. Children under 14 in pool unsupervised. Bugs in room. A piece of pizza sat on a table by the ice machine all day. We stayed one night, and when I mentioned all this to the desk the next day she just looked at me and said "Oh". No apology at all! $85 for Crap! Do not go here!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Barbbarb6
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I was hesitant to stay here simply b'cos it was a Super 8. We stayed here on our trip to and from Mt. Rushmore during the long weekend. First night we stayed we got a room on the 3rd floor. The room was recently renovated and the carpets, the walls and the bathroom looked very clean (didn't look too closely, though!). The bed was firm and the room was generally spacious. There was even a mini-fridge. The second night we stayed on our return wasn't good though. It was on the second floor and probably next to smoking rooms and my non-smoking room smelled of smoke the entire period we were there. We kept the vent fan running in the bathroom and sprayed lysol disinfectant spray over and over again to keep the smell bearable.

The breakfast was good and included waffles and (cold) French toast which we had to put in the toaster to warm up. No fresh fruits though. Didn't use the pool or the hot tub so cannot comment on that. The people at the lobby were pleasant. Outside of the motel wasn't impressive. Neon signs saying lobby and long fluorescent lights near the lobby made it look very cheap. It was right off the highway which was very convenient for us.

Room Tip: Non-smokers get a room on the 3rd floor and use the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Front desk lady very polite and helpful, makes you feel at home. Room was partially below ground level, felt like I was in a dungeon. Very quiet even though near the freeway. Room looked older and well used, cleanliness was just adequate. Lazy boy was soiled and refrigerator a little dirty.Bathroom looked clean except for bath tube which was either dirty or well used over the years. Pool and spa looked nice but I did not use. Typical continental breakfast. May use again but would check other hotels first.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank drewshock
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Standard Super 8 room. Very clean. Reasonable rates. Nice staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank 4skis
Reviewed 27 November 2009

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and so was the indoor pool. Guest laundry was very handy since we were travelling by motorcycle and it was time to do the wash.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sparky6654
Reviewed 22 September 2009

We stopped here on our way from Iowa to Yellowstone. We were looking just for a place to crash for the night; pulled off the Interstate and found the Super 8. The woman at the check-in was so nice and friendly; she gave us a slight discount without us even asking.

The room was fine; big and roomy. Cable TV and a fridge. The beds were not very comfortable, but okay for just one night. The bathroom was not very clean; although the bedroom area looked fine (I made a point not to look too close though!).

I probably would not stay here again based solely on the dirty bathroom and the less than stellar beds. Other than that, it was fine.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple