“Comfy Beds”
Review of Super 8 Murdo

Super 8 Murdo
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Murdo
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I was just too tired to drive the last 120 miles to Rapid City when I saw the sign for this hotel. My expectations were low. I was pleasantly surprised when the trendy kid in the fedora was courteous and efficient.

The room was a room. The bed was soft , inviting and dare I say plush. It reminded me of the Heavenly Bed. I woke u this morning and the bed was so comfy I didn't want to get up

The breakfast was forgettable. Oh did I mention how comfortable the beds were.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DSergi

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here one night while passing through the area on a long road trip. I booked the room shortly before our arrival. I first checked prices online, but decided to call for the reservation since we would be arriving in just 2 hours. When I called, I was told that the booking.com rate was no longer available and the price was now $10 higher. We took the room anyway, but later wished that we hadn't. The hotel was a bit dated looking. Our room was clean and the bed comfortable enough, but we thought it was a bit pricey for the lower grade quality look of the room. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room, just a very small coffee maker. The wifi did not work well on any of our devices. We would have a connection for a few minutes, then get dropped and have to sign in all over again. After doing this time after time, we just gave up. We couldn't use our phone as a hotspot either, as we didn't have good signal. The breakfast was below average. The location of the hotel is convenient, just off the interstate, but there are other hotels that are nearby and have a convenient location as well. If we ever stop in Murdo again, we will stay at one of the others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank swissmiss001
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We came to Murdo after driving for 11 hours. Stopped in here and the desk clerk was less than friendly...bordered on rude and acted like he didn't want anyone to stay there. Stop at the diner, but skip the hotels in this town.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

First checking in they tried to charge me $25 more for the room. I had reserved the room with a confirmation number online. They corrected that problem.
The room we got the air conditioner air smelled moldy. We could not use the air conditioner. Our room window was next to the hotels dryer vent for their dryer . All we were getting was hot air in the window. Was told by front desk person that this was the last room available. Online their website said there was still 2 rooms available.

Room Tip: stay away from room 101
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ken L
Reviewed 8 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We checked in very late after a long day, so basically it was just sleep, get up & eat breakfast & run on out the next morning. The room was comfortable and reasonably clean but not very soundproof. You could hear people in the next room & in the hallways very clearly. Breakfast was ok with your basic fair of cereal/waffles/etc. We came back to Murdo a few days later...but didn't really desire to stay here again & decided to choose a better hotel named Range Country & it was excellent for a cheaper price!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple