“Relaxing”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Sioux City, Iowa
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 8 April 2011

the hotel was nice & clean. it was also quiet and relaxing i enjoyed my stay at the red carpet. service was great.

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank silver1506

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 16 July 2010

This hotel is a joke! They make you take out your own garbage! There were bugs in the bathroom, we had no electricity for an entire day, they only allow HBO during certain times, the paint was falling on us as we slept, then the icing on the cake was when we put the "do not disturb" sign on the door and went to get something to eat and came back and they had come in and shut off our air conditioning!!!!! IT WAS 102 DEGREES TODAY!!!! When I complained they said we CANNOT leave it on while we are gone because it wastes $$$$!!!! But I cant imagine that it taking 2 hour @ full blast for it to be livable is better then letting it catch up and run on medium or low!!!! Not to mention the complete disregard for our privacy! This was the MOST DISGUSTING, MISERABLE hotel I have EVER encountered and I travel ALOT!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these North Sioux City hotels

Northport,Al
Reviewed 12 November 2009

The Red Carpet Inn is very friendly family ran hotel. They assisted me when it was needed & very nice about it. My room was decent clean sheets clean bathroom and had a microwave & fridge. The location is okay its kinda out there with not much around but very quiet and peaceful. I enjoyed my time there and will go back whenever im in town.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank bamafan09
Houston, TX
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Had read previous reviews about this location & was sceptical...but decided to give it a try anyway. We needed an inexpensive extended-stay room while in town, so went for it.
We were pleased with our room. It was clean, spacious & quiet. Not a 5 star "Hilton", but it suited our needs.
The staff was nice. We didn't try the continental breakfast, so can't comment on that.
The only complaint we had is that our kitchenette didn't have an oven ( just 2 burners)
& there were no cooking untensils or pots and pans. Otherwise everything was just fine.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellerHouston_TX
Atlanta
Reviewed 25 July 2008

The hotel was reasonably clean, but very depressing. The "fitness area" was a tiny corner at the top of the stairs with an old weight bench and treadmill and a dying plant. Breakfast consisted of white bread and prepackaged muffins. Thankfully there is a McDonalds nearby (for our family this added $20 to the cost of the hotel)--not as much of a bargain when the "continental breakfast" is basically non-existent. The dark green carpet in the rooms seemed designed to hide filth. This location does not accept the chain's discount card. Be aware that calling the hotel directly will result in a much higher price than calling the 800 number for the chain. The location is convenient, but noisy. Unlike some hotels, the suite really does consist of two separate rooms, which is good. Overall, though we wished we had stayed some place else.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank we_love_to_travel_5
redcarpetinnsd, PR Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 December 2008
We try our level best to provide luxury for less.
It is hard to satisfy every human being on this face of earth. However we regeret we could not live up to your expectations and Real Life Red Carpet Treatment could not impress you.
Our other Guests Love It and think otherwise.

We are Hi Scorer for years with Dept. Of Health / Public Safety / Franchise Quality Assurance / Award Winner / Mystery Shopper / Covert Inspections Flying Color Winner / Doctors Association Award.

Thank you for your Comments. It helps us to futher imrove.
Alabama
Reviewed 6 June 2008

I made my reservation in December and reserved a room with a kitchenette. When I checked in in May the front desk lady told me that they did not have a room with a kitchenette available. She said that a family was having a home built and was not able to move out of the room in time. She also let it slip that she was being paid $85.00 a day by that family. After much arguing she knocked $5.00 off the regular room that she gave me. (The room I was given did not have a refrigerator or microwave as advertised). I already had a room reserved here (with a kitchenette) for the return trip a few days later and was treated very well. This time I got my room with the kitchenette and my daughter who stayed in a seperate room got a standard room with a refrigerator and micorwave. I think the rooms on the first floor are much better than the ones on the second floor (I was on the second floor the first time and neither my or my daughter's room had a refrigerator or microwave). The hotel was clean enough. Some things did not work but they were just minor.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Room I reserved given to someone else (kitchenette).
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank bamagrown
Sir, your rate was knocked down to half and yes you were provided with Fridge/Micro adjoining room with four clean beds. Front desk lady went extra mile to buy your family Subway Sandwichs and treated you like Royalty on your return trip. Thank you for excepting that we live up to our slogan "Clean"

Thank you for the review.
elk point, sd
Reviewed 19 May 2008

this place claimed to have an excercise area, corner of a room about 5 ft. by 5 ft. was to have fridges and microwaves, not in my room. very noisy and they would not go and quiet down a guest with there tv blaring all night long. price was fine but service was terrible.
I stayed here for 7 days and they changed my bedding and cleaned my room 2 days before I left. I think the only reason they changed it was because I took my towels and 5 days of garbage and set it outside of my door.
there "breakfast" was nothing to write home about either.
I would never ever stay in this place again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank fireman15
Thank you for your review.
Would like to refresh your memory that you were advised at check in that room cleaning would be on Mon and Fri for weekly stay on special rate 29.99. You Agreed!
For the size of property and totally never used fitness area by our guests for last five years we dicided not to eliminate fitness area but to move it to smaller area n put Free pool table.
People pay less than motel 6 rate and expect Hyatt regency standards.
We are trying our level best to make all whinners happy. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Sioux City
Hampton Inn North Sioux City
Hampton Inn North Sioux City
#1 of 4 in North Sioux City
Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City
Americas Best Value Inn- South S...
#2 of 5 in South Sioux City
Days Inn North Sioux City
Days Inn North Sioux City
#4 of 4 in North Sioux City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dakota Dunes
Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 5 in South Sioux City

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!