“Well Worth the Drive!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philip
Triangle Ranch Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Philip B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Be at home at this Bed and Breakfast! That is exactly how Lyndy and Kenny will make you feel! What a beautiful place inside and out. You do have to drive down a long dirt road to get there, but it will be well worth the drive. Scrumptious breakfasts and warm hospitality will make you feel like you are part of the family.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cowboy Carriage House. I highly recommend this choice if you are deciding which ro...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We spent a night while cycling in South Dakota. It was a pleasant surprise after a day on the road. It is off the beaten track, but worth the effort. The owners are hospitable and welcoming. Our room was quaint and comfortable. The meals were excellent, home made in the B and B kitchen. Overall, the positive experience was a result of both the scenic property and the wonderful couple- Danny and Lyndy who provided a welcome respite.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Eight of us traveling cross country stayed one night at Lyndy and Kenny's warm and comfortable historic home in South Dakota. I echo all the previous comments. "You have to stay here" and "a wonderful surprise at the end of the dirt road." Dinner was home-cooked grilled pork, grilled sweet potato, and ramen salad, followed up by warm peach cobbler. Comfortable rooms, good food, wonderful hospitality - can't ask for anything more. The only reason I rated it a four rather than a five has nothing to do with Lyndy and Kenny or their home or food. The road into the ranch is long, bumpy and dusty. So if you are looking for a place just off the highway, the Triangle is not for you. If you decide to stay, however, you will find yourself waking up to the sound of the birds and nothing else but an occasional cattle sound accompanied by a spectacular prairie view.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Even if, like me, you're just passing through the area. From the moment I walked into their home I was treated as an old family member. They shook my hand, seated me down, offered me a drink, then started chatting. I think it was over an hour before we even go to the "here's your room" point, and I never notice the passage of time. The bedroom felt just like I was at home; warm, cozy, comfortable. Breakfast was more than I have ever experienced at any hotel, and much better tasting as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2013

For years, my wife and I have made the Triangle Ranch B&B our midway destination between home in Kansas City and our mountain cabin hideaway in Montana. The stop makes the long drive manageable, and gives us something truly wonderful to look forward to at the end of that first day of travel - whichever direction we're going. Lindy and Kenny Ireland have become fast friends throughout the years and those many trips.

When the South Dakota blizzard hit the first week of October this year, we had to delay our return to KC in order to avoid the devastating snow, wind, and cold that came in on the heals of a heavy rain. By the time we managed to reach the Badlands, we found the county roads impassable to the B&B; we would have to turn back to the highway and consider driving through the night to reach home. When we called to let Lindy know we were stopped and could not get through ... just a few miles from our favorite destination, Kenny threw on his boots, fired up the pick-up, and four-wheeled his way to us to provide a real rancher-styled chauffer service to get us 'home' to the Triangle Ranch for the night. I'd heard stories of this kind of 'beyond the call of duty' service before on previous trips, but this time we were the beneficiaries of the kind of country friendship and hospitality that we all wish we could experience more often in this world.

By the next morning we were recharged from a comfy night's sleep after our delicious dinner at the hands of one of the best darned cooks in South Dakota, followed by an equally wonderful breakfast, plus plenty of friendly and uplifting conversation interwoven with Kenny's stories & jokes about - life! Our cowboy chauffer returned us to our car via still impassible roads, and we were off to our real home.

Already we are talking about our return to our Montana cabin, and our next visit to our "home away from home" - the Triangle Ranch! Wish we could share this place with everyone we know!

Room Tip: This is a HOME - every room is great and you can choose a different one each time you visit.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

As the directions will tell you, you will travel down a very long (but well maintained) dirt road to arrive at Triangle Ranch B & B. This contributes to the beauty of the place and the surprise as you come upon this home set amidst rolling hills and grasslands. Entering the home of Lyndy and Kenny you feel like you have arrived home. They are possibly the most welcoming and real folks I have encountered in my B & B experience. We had arranged in advance to have a dinner meal prepared. We were delighted to share our meal with the other guests and were highly entertained by the stories of Kenny and the amazing life experiences of this family. We stayed in the Irish Lover's Room, very lovely, also with a wonderful and heart warming story behind the name of the room. With Triangle Ranch being about 30 minutes from the Badlands, we were able to catch sunrise at the Windows Trail, and back to the B & B for a great breakfast. I highly recommend this place as an experience of comfort and warmth with some of the most genuinely friendly people you will ever meet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We love staying in heritage homes and this one was delightful. Lyndy had lots of stories about her family home, ordered from the Sears catalogue in about 1920. It was fun to look at the original pages from the catalogue. The house has been so well maintained and updated. The bathrooms have been set into the original closets, so are small, but well designed and certainly met our needs. Our room was comfortable and we enjoyed all the heritage photos. We ordered dinner and enjoyed a home-cooked meal with Lyndy and Kenny with good food and good conversation. They are such wonderful hosts. Breakfast was delicious with plenty of food! The ranch is out of the way, but was so worth the extra drive. We were just beginning our vacation and this was a great start.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Triangle Ranch Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!