“Disappointing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philip
Circle 10 Motel & Campground
Iowa
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

We booked this place because of the location ( just outside the Badlands), it had a pool, it had a cafe (because it was a little remote), and to save a little money ( we paid $50). We checked in at about 6:45 to find out the cafe wasn't serving any meals. Tired and hungry, we were told the closest restaurant was 10 miles down the road at Cedar Pass Lodge. After eating a wonderful meal there, we did a little sight-seeing in the Badlands (absolutely beautiful at dusk) and headed back to our room to go swimming. When we entered our room for the first time, the carpet was full of gravel (The rest of the unit was clean, though). We didn't say anything to management because we were trying to squeeze a swim in before our young children had to go to bed. We changed into our suits, walked out our door, and found out the pool had been closed .(this was the main reason why we stayed here instead of Cedar Pass Lodge). Ugh! Long story short: spend a little extra money and stay down the road at Cedar Pass Lodge: the location, scenery, and restaurant are all magnificent (can't speak for the actual lodging). Tell the kids they'll have to live without a pool for one night and do a little exploring. By the way, as we drove out of the motel the next morning, we saw a large banner, "Under new management." I don't think that was something to advertise...

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank IowaSue

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Maryland
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I stayed several nights at Circle 10 in 2006. The rooms were clean comfortable and affordable and the food was terrific. I was not feeling very well- the heat was really bad that week but they made sure I was comfortable and ok. I was on a tight budget and the owners were so nice to me you would have thought I was their only customer. I plan to come back this year and stay for a longer period and am bringing my grandson with me. I have a better budget this time and could stay somewhere else but this was my FIRST choice. I am bringing them a gift as a way to show my appreciation- the pictures I took of the Badlands on my trip that won first place at my State Fair in 2006. This nice place gives you a at home feeling while you are traveling.

• Stayed July 2006
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 3 November 2008

I was looking for place to stay between Sioux Falls and the Black Hills in South Dakota. Knowing that we wanted to explore the badlands, I wanted somewhere close so we could begin the day there. Luckily, I found the Circle 10! It is about 7 minutes from the Badlands park and we were able to see it right after check-in (sunset) and in the morning fully explore it. We ate dinner at the cafe and really enjoyed sharing some beers with locals who were hanging out there too. The owners were super nice and helpful! Our room was very clean, a little dated but very comfortable and roomy. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting South Dakota.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Maple Plain, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 July 2007

We needed something to eat after doing some hiking in the Badlands. We found this little cafe that is part of a campground/hotel. By the outside appearances, we assumed we would get something edible enough to fill our stomachs. Much to our delight and surprise, we had the most wonderful lunch and even stayed for dessert. Everything is home-made, the salad dressings, the desserts, the bread. We even went back the next morning for breakfast. We wish this restaurant were in our town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Philip
Best Western Plains Motel
America's Best Value Inn
Econo Lodge Wall
Econo Lodge Wall
#8 of 11 in Wall

Been to Circle 10 Motel & Campground? Share your experiences!