“GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT SERVICE”
Review of Ramkota Hotel

Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pierre
Gurabo, Puerto Rico
“GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT SERVICE”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel has a great location, very good attention to guests. They try to be sure you are having a good time while staying at the hotel. Everybody always covering every angle for better service. Rooms are clean and confortable. Food, specially breakfast, is excellent. Our special thanks to Rick, who help us more than he was suposed to, and always in good spirit.This is the best place to stay in Pierre,SD.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
rickmurray, Owner at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Jose
Thank you for your resonse. We really appreciate it. Again, we welcome you and your wife to our community. The day I picked up you and your wife from the airport I was lucky to make new freinds. As we talked if there is anything we can help you with don't hesitate to call. Thank you.
Rick Murray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Clear Lake, South Dakota
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I would not recommend this facility if you have a very large membership attending and if they are senior citizen or handicapped in mobility. It does not have an elevator. They really need more ground floor rooms in order to be suitable to accommodate elders/mobility handicapped persons.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

rickmurray, Owner at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for you response. I apologize for your stay. I am sorry we didn't have an elevator to make your stay easier. With the American Legion Convention as you said there were alot of elderly people attending and the early reservations asked for all the ground floor rooms. We are looking to the future and having an elevator. thank you.
Davis, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We found this hotel while searching for another and were not disappointed. The front-desk staff were all pleasant and efficient. The room was comfortable and quiet. The beautiful river is nearby. Breakfast, in the small restaurant, was a pleasant surprise and is included with the room charge.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
rickmurray, Owner at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your reponse. We are happy you enjoyed the accomodations at our facility. Alot of people like the idea of a choice in the restuarant with waitresses taking your order instead of a breakfast buffet. I will pass your compliments on to the staff. Thank you for staying with us.
Sioux Falls
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was in need of an early check-in due to my son getting heat exhaustion. They were able to accommodate our needs immediately. Very organized so check-in was a breeze. I was extremely satisfied overall!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kimberly C
rickmurray, Owner at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you fo your reponse. We are happy we could accommodate you. I will pass your compliment on to the front desk staff. Thank you for staying with us.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel is extremely pet friendly. They have so much grass area, that you and your dog can get a good work out just walking around. We bring a 20 ft. soft leash for stays like this, we can practice our stay and come commands with him running between each of us. The hotel is very clean and our room was perfect. The restaurant served local caught fish and it was prepared perfectly. This was the 2nd time we stayed here, and both times have been great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

rickmurray, Owner at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your response. We are glad that your stay with us worked well for you and your pet. We are pet freindly because we are in the heart of some of the best hunting and fishing in the state. I will pass you compliments on to the staff.
Watertown, South Dakota
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed at the BW Ramkota May 12th to the 15th, 2014. The staff was friendly when I checked in and out. The room was nice, appeared clean. The fun started after 2 AM when I went into the bathroom and found something crawling all over the floor. This does NOT make for a good sleeping experience. I spoke to the desk clerk, she said it would be taken care of. I talked to housekeeping and I am not sure they understood me at all, not being native English speakers. I went back to the desk to ask again, the same clerk said it would be taken care of. When I returned to the room, I noticed items had been moved around a bit. So I had hope for a short time. Unfortunately, later on in the evening, the bugs were back. It seemed pointless to complain for a third time. Because of the room's location, I really didn't want to change rooms - and that was not offered as an option by the desk clerk.
My room was on the 1st floor, across from the pool. It was quiet in the hallways despite being so close to the pool. The whirlpool was nice, but it needs to be cleaned. Someone broke the lift chair and maintenance has not repaired it. The nut and bolt that broke off were still on the floor.
My employer chooses this hotel, I do not. I would prefer to stay elsewhere. Again, YMMV.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
rickmurray, Owner at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your response. I am sorry for the problem with the water beetles from the pool area. We have a exterminator come in once a month to spray and when he does the beetles from the pool get active. Maintenance did come and spray but evidently the didn't spray the right area. Again please accept our apology.
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Rooms were not clean and not cleaned while I was there. Hallways had dirty linen piled up. Front desk clerk was grumpy and seemed put out. If you stay here, make sure to bring your own blow dryer. Mine didn't work. Also bring your shower shoes. The tub didn't drain.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

rickmurray, Owner at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
First i would like to thank you for your response. I am sorry for the problems you had during your stay. I have spoke with our head of housekeeping so we don't have this happen again. There is no excuse for leaving dirty laundry in a room. We will work with our employees on customer service. Again, please accept my apology.
Rick Murray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pierre
ClubHouse Hotel & Suites
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Pierre/Fort Pierre - Conference Center
Governor's Inn - Pierre
Governor's Inn - Pierre
#6 of 10 in Pierre

Been to Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!