All reviews an older property hard boiled eggs waffles nice room microwave tv towels
Reviewed 18 October 2017

While in Pierre on business, stayed at the Econo Lodge. Room was average, bed linen was clean but you could read a newspaper through the fabric that was worn out, window was open when I got to the room and wasps had decided to crawl through the hole in the screen, windows covered with white filmy substance. If you're looking for a single night's stay for cheap then this Econo Lodge is for you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Carol A, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you Jarl for taking the time out of your busy day to write this review. I apologize for the worn out bed lines on the bed, that is not standard for our hotel. we are working to fix and replace the screens. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I rarely give bad reviews but this place is a nightmare.
1. I reserved a room at the Quality Inn but due to...something, the room was at their "sister site" Econolodge down the road. Quality Inn was scary just seeing the out of service but still full of water pool so I thought I was getting an upgrade.
2. Upon entering the room I get a phone call asking if the bed had been made. (?) It had, and garbages were empty/new toiletries out so I knew the room had been cleaned but the carpet was filthy.
3. Strong smell of smoke despite it being a non-smoking room. I kept fan on all night.
4. The bathroom door broke-split in half-as I opened it. Also the safety latch on the room door was broken. I informed front desk, they said "We know".
5. WiFi lasted about 30 seconds every time you put in the password, also cable tv lost signal several times.
6. Long hair goober in the shower, also the shower drain didn't work.
Spend the extra $40 and go somewhere else, but not the Quality Inn. As of this writing there are no Airbnbs in Pierre.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Thank You Cheryl for taking the time out of your busy day to fill out the review. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you had with our properties. we are doing updates at both properties and I apologize again for the state of the hotels when you checked in.
If you feel you would like to discuss the issues even further please contact me directly

Reviewed 5 August 2017

So, if you're looking for a cheap hotel, this is it! While the lady at the front desk was great, the rest of the place needs help! Arrived at the room and there was a receipt on the floor...either the cleaning crew didn't see it or maybe it was slipped under the wrong door...not sure! One of the windows was covered in a white film...maybe it can't be cleaned...again, not sure but the other window was clear. It was 96 when we got there and the ice machine wasn't working...there was another on the third floor but only accessible to the manager who was called and did come in to get us ice - very appreciated! There were also webs/dust on the walls and ceiling and the bed sham was worn/tore in places...might be time for a deep clean and/or update. The breakfast was decent even though they were out of pancake batter. Again, it was one of the cheaper options we looked at...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you Heidi for taking the time to fill out a review. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had with your stay with us. The appearance of the room is not the standard that our hotel is striving for and I do apologize for it.
If you would like to discuss these issues with me further please feel free to contact me directly.
Carol A.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The first room was unclean, food in the fridge, unvacuumed, and no towels. The clerk apologized and switched us to another room. That room appeared clean: There were towels, greasy hand prints in the shower.. They were running out of food and only offered cereal. Horrible place to stay. Very unlike any other Econo Lodges I've stayed at in the past.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you Crazy-momma-15 for taking the time to write this review.
I sincerely apologize for the conditions of the room you where given. This is not the standard of our housekeeping staff to clean this way and it has been addressed. I apologize for the lack of options with the breakfast we are working on improving the breakfast options.
If you would like to discuss these issues with me further feel free to contact me direct. I hope that we see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We were in Room 262 at the end of the hall. We were initially placed in 261 however there wasn't a hairdryer, coffee maker, and a spring and sprung in the mattress. We were graciously given another room. It is an older property however the room is very spacious. King size bed that was very comfortable, microwave, mini fridge with the top portion a freezer and an a/c unit that works very well. Taxes included, it was $53.70 at the Senior Rate. We were concerned about being on the 2nd floor as the 3rd floor is a conference/banquet room and there was a wedding reception. We heard music until around 6:00 and then all was quiet. With the tv and a/c on...we didn't hear anything...every now and then a boom, boom of bass. Side note: the hotel had us in 161 but I wanted a higher floor and they told us about the reception. There is a round table and two chairs by the window. A desk, chair and lamp where I could write this review on my laptop. All lamps have plugs so finding an outlet is not an issue. The shower head is mounted high for those who are tall, great water pressure, and clean. The vanity area is separate from the toilet and shower. If you like it all behind closed doors, this is not for you.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TexansFan2011

Thank you Texasfan for taking the time to write this review. We always appreciate feed back. We try to accommodate the guest preferences as to room type and floor, I do apologize for any inconvenience the wedding reception that night may have caused.