“Not the best”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #45 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I will start out by saying that both Tom and Jay who work the front desk are very friendly. And I was given a quiet corner room.
Now with that said:
I had a couple of problems with my stay here.
The first would be that I used a card to secure my reservation, but at check in and departure I was never asked to present the card or to present identification of any sort. Which in my mind tells me I could have used anyone's card to rent this room. Does not make me feel as though they cared about my financial security.
The second problem, was the mold in the bathroom and the hole in the wall of the main area.
Not the best place I have stayed at.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have come to Rapid City for 5 years, for stock show. We like to try different hotels to compare price/quality for ourselves. I should have followed the advise of other reviewers. Besides a comfortable bed and a powerful shower, there is nothing that says "come here next time", to us. There was mold in window and along bathtub. Room was vacuumed once in 4 days, but not very well. We found pizza under the end of the bed and we never had pizza. The entrance was full of muddy footprints and spilled food while clerk sat and watched tv at 10:30 pm. We had to ask to have HBO turned on. No hair dryer. We had a smoking rm and had no ashtray. When we told the clerk, he was very put out that he had to leave the tv to get 1, which he had to retrieve from another rm. We too had the excuse that the food delivery had not come for breakfast (no storm). The hot tubs are a joke. 1 was barely warm and the other was hot, but jets didn't work and no towels in pool area. Maybe employees that want to work and care what the hotel looks like, should be hired. In one of the other reviews, it was stated that things would be fixed if you were notified. Well, 4 wks later some of the same issues are still there. Lazy and uncaring employees, improper management being at the top of the list. For one nighters, who want a good bed and shower and don't care about the condition of the room, getting breakfast or relaxing in hot tubs, then this place is for you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jill W
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and I can't even describe what a dump it is! We were greeted by filthy carpets in the hallway and the room wasn't much better. The lock was broken, and laying on the floor, also a lamp was broken off at the top. A sign that the maids didn't vacuum or clean the fixtures. We had a non-smoking room and it reeked of cigarettes...another sign the room/bedding hadn't been cleaned. The blanket had large holes in it and the pillowcases had long black hair on them. We thought all of that was bad until the fight broke out in the hallway and another one right outside our window...by the entrance door! Obviously, no one at the front desk or management heard it since nothing was done to stop either fight. We made it until 7:30 am and then grabbed our belongings and got the "H" out of there! We checked into the Hilton Garden Inn and WOW what a room/hotel! My next review will be for that hotel and it's going to be a five star!

Room Tip: There isn't a good room in this place!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
TLGM, operations manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

I wish you would have notified us immediately about the condition of your room so we could have done something about it. But not once did you let us know not even at check out. Yes there was a problem with a person who was drunk and staying at another hotel but was confused thinking this was the hotel she had booked. We did have to call the police and have her removed. The front desk staff handled the situation as best as they could.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TLGM, operations manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Reviewed 24 December 2013