“Hotel from Hell”

Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Swisher
“Hotel from Hell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This Travelodge was not even close to being described right in the description. The rooms were old and smelled of urine, the pool area was dirty and there was no continental breakfast. I usually book with Wyndham because of the quality but now I may not be doing that in the future. Very Disappointed!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank John G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rapid City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My non smoking room smelt heavily of cigarettes...shower area had mould and on 2 occasions I had NO hot water for a shower. Had pre paid the room and when I told the receptionist upon checking out, she couldn't have cared less. Terrible follow up service and would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Mark B

Travellers are raving about these Rapid City hotels

Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

back in Aug. 2013 , I went on Hotels.com and searched for deals on hotels in Rapid City , SD . We found this property and really got a great deal on a weeks stay in June 2014 so we booked it , PAYED IN ADVANCE for it too . I called 3 weeks prier to our arrival to be told by the manager that our reservation had been cancelled in Jan. 2014 , WE DID NOT call and do this NOR did we receive a email stating anything of this cancellation OR a refund at the time for this matter. I called Hotels.com and they still showed us with a reservation there for a week and as payment in advance When I called back to tell the manager this and asked if there was anything he could do for me on this , he told me flat out NO, I can't help you. My husband came home and I informed him on the matter , he called the hotel and talked with the manager I did and all of a sudden he was all helpful and rebooked our room . Let's just say , I didn't sleep to well knowing what had taken place with our existing reservation , so I did some searching that night and found a BETTER hotel , cost us a tad more but the uneasy feeling I had from this manager was worth the money spent. We did get a FULL REFUND from Hotels.com . If Travelodge wants their name associated with the manager of this property , I will NOT even look at making reservations at another Travelodge or giving anyone a recommendation to stay in one. THIS WAS THE WORST moment a person can have when you plan a family trip a year in advance , your vacations all set with your job and you find out that in was cancelled on you and that there was no mention of reimbursement of your payment from the property .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mymeeko
Zachary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

First off, this is an older property, so the furnishings were somewhat dated.
The room was clean & a little Febreeze took the "stale" smell away. the beds were not extremely comfortable, but weren't horrid. All the staff from front desk to housekeeping to maintenance were very friendly. The only real problem I had was that there were 2 hot tubs in the pool area and neither one of them was working. I had looked forward to soaking while my grandson was swimming. I thought the room was a bit pricey @ 149/night. Other than that, it was a good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family