“Weedend away with my son”

Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My son I decided to take a road trip to see MT. Rushmore and Crazy horse. We decided to stay in Rapid City and take the 25 minute drive to see the monuments. We stayed at the Holiday Inn. The hotel was busy with a conference but the service was great. We had a speedy check in and the room was big and clean. We were notified that rooms were under renovation at check in. For other readers don’t panic, there are no hammering and other construction noise. We had a card in the room informing us the room wasn’t complete. The art wasn’t up and I was informed that the room would be getting a microwave and fridge. The food was great! I would suggest if you are staying on a Saturday night make plans to take advantage of the Sunday Brunch. $14.95 and it is a full brunch, today they were carving prime rib. We enjoyed our stay and will be coming back and I think we have “home base” so we can explore what this area has to offer in the future

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChrisJ537
Chris_Rushmore_Plaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear ChrisJ537,
I am glad you enjoyed your room and your stay. You are right, we have a great brunch and the food is really good. Come back again.

Chris

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Horrible stay. No parking lot for guests. Had to walk for blocks to vehicle every time. Cold room. Heat wouldnt work. Noise level over the top. People partying everywhere. The roar was deafening. Forget sleep. Never coming back. Our room did not contain amenities advertised and paid for. Had to special request our frig and microwave.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank WillowcreekND
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

I apologize that we fell short of your expectations on your recent visit. I agree that the problems you experienced with the noise from the lounge, parking and our partially renovated rooms are not up to our usual high standards. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

We appreciate you making the effort to share your experience with us. I would like to offer you a full refund for your stay. Please contact me at 605-348-400 with your stay details and I will be sure to compensate you immediately.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith.

Sherry Beck

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here during the Black Hills Stock Show, so the prices may have been higher because of that. Nonetheless, it's a nice place, kind of in the style of an Embassy Suites with a huge open atrium in the middle. That's all fine, except at night the noise from the bar carried through the whole hotel. And those cowboys were going nuts. The room itself was clean, the bed comfortable. The breakfast food at the hotel restaurant was very average. If you are going to something at the nearby convention center, the location is hard to beat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear martroon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our family of four did an overnight at this hotel back in July of 2013. We got in late so I can't comment too much on the room other than it was spacious and the bed seemed to bother my wife's back. The next morning we walked around their beautiful atrium area and had a wonderful brunch. Our waitress, Kathy, was quite a hoot. She showed us her rubber chicken purse and the blue egg produced by one of her chickens. She had lots of stories and a great personality. She made our day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear rizzop,

I am glad that our staff "Kathy" went out of her way to make you feel at home. We have great staff at the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn. On a side note about the bed that bothered your wife's back, we have replaced the old double beds with new Queen beds. I hope in the future if you are back in Rapid City you will stay with us.

Thank you for your comments and safe travels,
Chris Johnson

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Great room bed are AMAZING! Stayed with family! Great restaurant! Amazing staff clean rooms spacious sitting area! Big bathroom and bathtub! Wonderful view from the room! Great pool and workout area! Will stay again! Recommended for families with all ages!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear biggymRapidCity,
Thank you for your great feed back about our hotel and the guest rooms. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to see you again.

Chris Johnson

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I booked the Holiday Inn for my family and my In-Laws after Christmas. I chose this hotel because of location and we have stayed here before. The rooms are okay. I booked a King for my husband , baby, and I; a double room for my in-laws. I would have thought that a microwave and fridge would be in the room, they were not. I think for the price of this hotel their are definitely better options. The restaurant in the hotel was average, the coffee shops espresso machine was not working, and the slamming of the hotel doors next to ours was obnoxious. The hotel itself is nice the beds were okay and the room wasn't the cleanest I have stayed in. On the upside the staff at this hotel is excellent and friendly. The location is also nice we were able to walk downtown.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Pratts_22,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I am happy to read you like our great location and friendly staff. Please accept my apologies that your stay did not meet expectations. I do apologize for the disappointment you experienced with the room amenities and hotel restaurant. Your comments have been forward to the appropriate departments so that any necessary improvements can be made.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip the area.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Reserved a suite for New Years..found wall around one window not painted, apparently repaired just never painted? Chipped glass on a wall light shade with people having written messages on wall behind it? Pull out bed in love seat not made and had someone's prescription eye glasses laying in middle of bed? Other things found were minor due to age of hotel, stained rug, room odor, old bathroom tile on walls etc. Brought up the major issues with hotel staff in the morning and told that they could not credit anything back on the room yet would have a manager call us, guess what, no call from manager. Sadly this Hotel has really gone down hill and now looks like we will look elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ljhn
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback very much. I sincerely apologize for the condition of your room with the unpainted wall. We are currently undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation and upgrade. Due to the large demand on New Year’s Eve at our hotel, we quickly put rooms back in order to accommodate all of our guests. I am sorry we fell short of your expectations. I would like to offer you a complimentary stay in one of our upgraded suites in hopes of regaining your faith. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Happy New Year and thank you for choosing to share it with us.

Sherry Beck, General Manager